No announcement yet.

The Network Node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey everyone....what's you opinion on uhm, gifting tech to the AI so that they keep up-to-date with our modern tech and we can trade with them?

i was thinking of fusion power->morgan and centauri empathy->deirdre

Comment

Hmm, the general idea of trading tech to allies for such purposes is fine with me... Fusion is a bit important, though... and I'm not sure how far we can trust Deidre to not go Planet-Crusade on us...

Best to poll it, no? ... Now where did we put our DFA and DoR... *digs through the closets*

Comment

Some research-related things I'd like to hear some thoughts on:

I'm pretty sure we get NG next turn ('57), and from there we can get Bio Engineering, which allows clean reactors... which is massively important

From there, however... if we research Silksteel and Superstring Theory, we can then research Monopole Magnets which will give us Mag Tubes! We have more than enough formers to make a complete mag tube network a reality (particularly considering that the under-construction network allows the application of almost all formers to the job without movement delay)... I know I probably don't have to tell all of you how awesome that could be, but I'm going to anyway :

- Crawlers! We could make even better use of these gems than we are now... think about it: build a crawler in New Tassagrad, mag it all the way to Capricorn, rehome it there, then mag it all the way back down to some of the outside-radii squares near Akiria and Aurillion to convoy stuff back to Capricorn... all inside of 1 turn!

- Defense! We could mag reinforcements to any threatened city on the network from any of the other cities... and even attack in the same turn with no movement penalty!

... I could go on, but I think I've made my point

Comment

All I can say is:

Yea for Mag Tubes!
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Do we actually know what our next tech will be or does it yet have to polled?
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I am fairly sure its NG and doesn't need to be polled. It scored very high on the last poll.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                I am fairly sure its NG and doesn't need to be polled. It scored very high on the last poll.
                We're already researching it and will have it next turn. I don't think Bio-Engineering was in the last poll (wasn't available), and it's the main reason so many of us voted NG... so I would say a new tech poll is in order.

Comment

I'll agree there...

(that, and the fact that I'm starting to get more active again...)
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Btw, any decision made on whether we're gonna cash that Artifact at the beginning of the turnchat?

Comment

AdamTG has to make the decision. But we haven't heard much of him the last few days.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                      X