A suggetion for this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggetion for this game

Just wanted to make a suggestion. Things will be getting petty busy here shortly. I suggest that someone in the government create something similar to what I did for the Civ 3 game.

It will be easy to maintain if we start it now. It is when things go on for too long it will be hard. Archive all oficial polls for future reference. This can make it easier to navigate and also prevent to many threads being topped, but also maintain the sae essental function.

Just a thought
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

That's very clever. Any volunteers for the post of Chief Archivist?
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

how this is different from maniacs "official poll results"-thread?
      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

None. No one seems to read that thread though...
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

i liked that thread better the way you had it before.

Hey! you got the name change done!

Comment

how this is different from maniacs "official poll results"-thread?
            None. No one seems to read that thread though...
            /me hides in the corner, blushed and utterly and totally ashamed

I'm really sorry Maniac. ( ) I've seen it, just couldn't remember it.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
              i liked that thread better the way you had it before.
              Ah I see. In that case, what about if I write a text around the polls already done, but just put links to still running polls in the previous formal way (poll title, link and expiration date). If I continued the formal way on polls already done, the list would become too long after a while. That's why I made a text out of it.

Comment

Different? Not all that much, but more organized IMO, and seperated into the different categories: Official, Military, Foreign Affairs, etc. It's hard to read through a paragraph to find what you are looking for, a list is easier.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

and perhaps separate the closed polls from the ones still going on with a

< hr > without the spaces, and delete polls from say, 2 weeks ago?

Comment

I'll have a look at it tomorrow, how to change it. I'll see how Unorthodox is doing it. But tonight I'm gonna play EU2 England. I have some revolts to oppress. The French are pissed off a woman sits on their trone.

Edit: And in that moment of weakness with 10% revolt risk in France the Spanish declared war on me. But after a tense seven-year war I've taken over their colonial empire.

Now back to SMAC...

Testing...

Last edited by Maniac; August 18, 2002, 19:51.

Comment

Hey, I'm still trying to figure out how Im doing it... It will change allot over the course of this term while I figure out the easiest solution.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                      X