Director of Base Production Campaign Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Director of Base Production Campaign Thread

Well, I guess it's time for us to say why we'd be great Directors...

Candidates:

MrWhereItsAt (Ind)
    Lucky22 (CCCP)
    Juliennew (P4)

Ask questions of us, we will use this thread to answer, post policy, our thoughts and generally convince you to vote for us.

Lucky22 - let us begin!

EDIT: Oops! Just found out that Juliennew is running too - you're not on the first page of the Nomination thread....
    Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; August 18, 2002, 14:24.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

A little about me as a starter...

I have played Civ since 1991 (the very beginning!), Civ2 since '96, SMAC since, oh '98 (?), a little CTP, SMACX and Civ3. Although I have not had nearly as much SMACX experience as Civ2 experience, when both SMAC and CTP came out simultaneously here, I quickly dropped CTP and concentrated on SMAC for over 3 years (allowing for the odd University course ).

I have been VP, SMC and finally Prez of the Civ2 Demo game here - when I was Prez we won the game via domination in c. 1760. As VP (since I had nothing to do), I set up a group to revise the Constitution and resolve any issues that we had with it. Although this Committee didn't survive me leaving to be SMC, this gave me some experience in working with many posters at once. I am now SMC again for the second Civ2 game. I am an outspoken (some might say painfully so ) member of the Civ3 game and known there. I am currently running for President there, and within two days I should win this (unopposed).

Above all, I think that the role of the Minister of Base Production will be mainly to arrange a compromise between the conflicting demands of multiple Ministers, and submit the resultant queues for public approval. Whilst outspoken on my own thoughts, I think I have shown I can go along with the wishes of the people above my own decisions. There could not be a better position I could have wanted - I prefer to deal with all the Ministers than have to analyse one aspect (eg Military, Foreign Affairs etc) in detail.

Best of all I have SMAC and SMACX, and I spend far too much time on 'Poly, so you bet I'll be answering your posts ASAP.

Oh, and no party - I like to rest on my own successes and ideals, and I am proud to believe that this will mean all parties can and will enjoy dealing with me.

And never believe anything Tass says about me - we have a vendetta running with us from Earth.

HE is the propaganda-spreading spy.
    Consul.

Comment

ok to which kind of director (explor,military,terraforming) will you two give in general ,early game, the most support and why?

and do you have fixed (again general) build queures for new bases?
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Dependent on how much Minister clash there will be, but I imagine the emphasis will be on early exploration of as much as possible, accompanied by fast base placement, probably with accompanying defense wherever mindworms roam. Nothing fixed - I don't think setting queues is in the job description without Ministerial demands heard first. Then of course any queue I'd suggest would need to pass the citizen's test.
        Consul.

Comment

Okay question for both canidates. Which SP is the more critical in the early game:

A. Human Genome Project

B. Weather Paragardim

C. Command Nexus

D. Merchant Exchange

E. Virtual World

F. Citizens Defense Force

In the game we intend to play which of these early game SPs would help our faction the most and why?

Comment

Well, not my own decision, but the Weather Paradigm has served me well, and since everyone wants at least a few formers per base, this would boost us tremendously throughout the game. Virtual World is great too, but not available quite as early. I rarely ever even consider the Merchant Exchange or Human Genome Project (can't even remember what the second one does... ), and where possible I like Citizens' Defense and Command Nexus, but later than the Paradigm.
            Consul.

Comment

HGP is +1 talent per base
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                And never believe anything Tass says about me - we have a vendetta running with us from Earth.

HE is the propaganda-spreading spy.
                *Sigh* Losing a possible voter....And *sigh* yes, i am considering voting for you.

Anyway, whats your view on Empath Guild?
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

If we are going for Diplomatic victory, essential. If not, a useful one to deny the AI, but not essential if we are planning on conquering the planet elseways.

I would aim to get it, but not be too upset if we didn't and were aiming to convince everyone else of our better way via less..... diplomatic means.
                  Consul.

Comment

For Both Candidates.

A)How do you view your opponents party?

B)How often would you "rush construction"

C)Although this is out of your controll to change, what is you ropinion of the elected Commisar and his party?
                    Proud member of The Human Hive, working for a better future on Chiron, today!

Comment

The parties in this game I know next to nothing about, except that there are many. I am not a member of any party, and have not visited any party's thread. Offhand, I cannot even remember Lucky22's party, nor Crisler's.

It would be highly unfair to classify someone by their party, for, as far as I an concerned, you either make an impression as an individual or not at all. I haven't even seen Lucky22 post beyond putting himself in the running yet, and I hope he comes to this thread sooner rather than later so we can get some decent campaigning going!

Rushing construction would be done where there was some plan that required something to be built ASAP, in order to not miss an opportunity. Energy should not be stockpiled needlessly, especially in the early game - it should be used to give us the advantage via rushing/upgrading.

Crisler has shown to be adept at kicking off many debates and posting responsibly in a leadership role, taking all points of view into account. Once we start the game I am sure Crisler will prove to be efficient at this also, because it seems those who are this willing and enthusiastic about the game tend to be good at all aspects of the Demo game.

Crisler's party? - as before, I can't even remember what it is. I am willing to work with anyone as an individual, and if parties manifest themselves to me as a role-playing device, I can play along. I just prefer to be the lone one without a party for myself. I think I am trying to make a point, and I'll let you know when I figure out what that point is.
                      Consul.

Comment

Updated at the top - Juliennew is running also as a member of the P4 party.

Lucky22 and Juliennew - I don't know where you guys are, but this thread is where you try to convince everyone you are the best choice for this Directorship - in the immortal and infamous words of adamsj/James Adams - let's get going!

Consul.

Comment

I've been completely unaware of this thread... I saw the "debate" threads for the other ministerial positions, but not this one- whoops. Of course, it's only been up since Thursday, and I gather that there is no-one to contact interested parties by pm or whatever. If Juliennew is a canditate, this should indeed be started over.

Obviously, the director of base production will need to develop compromises between interested parties as items are put in to queue.
                          Priorities- a) effective self-defense

b) development of infrastructure

I feel the Weather Paradigm is the most critical early SP.

Thre will be much conflict around our production decisions as we progress. I reiterate that I run for MBP on a platform of meaningful consensus.

Comment

Originally posted by Haon
                            For Both Candidates.

A)How do you view your opponents party?
                            MWIA is an independent (I'm pretty sure): I respect independents and consider them perhaps the primary audience for crucial policy debates.

B)How often would you "rush construction"
                            Only under conditions of dire emergency or if the resulting base improvement could pay for itself in energy income sooner than the current build-time. Not often.

C)Although this is out of your controll to change, what is you ropinion of the elected Commisar and his party?
                            Crisler is a fundamentalist- as I have noted in other political debate threads the primary relevant difference between an intellectually resposible fundamentalist and a humanist marxist is a fundamentalist support for wage-slavery (ie- the FM econ choice). While I am actually a structuralist marxist with a decent grip on the mechanics of base production, the nature of politics forces my platform into humanist territory.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky22
                              wage-slavery (ie- the FM econ choice).
                              This is a blantant strawman attack, a distorted view of reality which you've put forth to enhance your own agenda. Why do you think people should vote for you as a politician when you're already a lying politician?
                              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Working...
                              X