No announcement yet.

Director of Exploration and Intelligence Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you think about building a hydroponics lab as soon as we get orbital spaceflight to reveal the entire map?

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
      what do you think about building a hydroponics lab as soon as we get orbital spaceflight to reveal the entire map?
      uhm......duh
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

How much effort will you devote to the development and production of rovers? I means will you demand the production facilities long enough to hammer out a certain number or will you aks for time when it is available?

E.L. Crisler
        First Commissioner

Comment

heh, i think i can demand all i want, it eventually depends on the Director of Base Production

But i would hammer for rovers be at least 2nd (seems like lots of people want to terraform first), and then to build a minimum of rovers depending on what the map looks like, if it's all land, then i would want at least 4, one for each direction. I think by this time we should have 2 or 3 bases, so supporting them shouldn't be too hard.
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
            ...build a minimum of rovers depending on what the map looks like, if it's all land, then i would want at least 4, one for each direction.
            we're playing huge planet map. if you play it enough, you know where you want to send your pods, rovers or not.

Comment

Thanks to the fact that I didn't have a chance prior to now to respond to all of the questions put forth, I will answer each in the order given, and also respond to my opponent's statements.

The Bloody Boro's question...
              To both Canidates: Lets say that there are only 2 factions left say us and Santiago. And we have gone to war MANY times before. And all of a sudden She discovers Advanced Spaceflight. And is threating us with PBs.

Would you:

A. Use Probes to subvert any and all PBs?

B. Use Probes to Steal said tech so we can get our own PBs?

C. Leave it to the Director of Defense

or

D. Other
              It depends on if we are at war with them currently or not. From the description of the situation I do have to assume we're looking at both possibilities.

If we are not at war, and Santiago is simply threatening us with the use of them, I would urge our science minister to as quickly as possible research the appropriate tech so that we can assure Santiago of mutual distruction if war was to break out and use of PBs was activated.

Also, hopefully the foreign minister will keep Santiago happy until the point that we have the proper tech to build our own.

My opponent mentioned this in response...
              I assume we are at war with them?
              Then i would definitely not leave it all to the director of military, since there isn't a better time to use probes than during war.
              Point A would be almost impossible, we might have to get deep into enemy territory , and the deeper we go, the bigger the chance of getting discovered and the PB's will most likely be inside bases. Point B i would do by default, always see if the enemy has any techs unkown to us, or else get their world map. So what i would try to do is to disrupt any production of PB's.
              I would also ask the Commissioner to consider genetic warfare against their big production bases to further limit the chance of them making a PB.

i have to add that i doubt this scenario can happen during the first few terms
              If we're currently at war, then I must agree with my opponent on how to handle the situation. Steal the proper tech. If we're currently at war, and we're the only two factions left, it's highly likly that there would be no reason for Santiago to not have begun using them on us. Therefore we'd need to assist our military minister by subverting a lot of Santiago's military as well as prepare to build PBs.

Please note that I do not advocate the use of PBs or of genetic warfare for if we could beat Santiago and remain better than her it would most certainly be my desire.

Though I do certainly agree that this is something neither Lemmy nor I will probably have to deal with.

TKG asked this...
              My opponent responded with...
              uhm......duh
              I'll agree with my opponent.

The Commissioner Crisler inquired this...
              How much effort will you devote to the development and production of rovers? I means will you demand the production facilities long enough to hammer out a certain number or will you aks for time when it is available?
              My opponent's response...
              heh, i think i can demand all i want, it eventually depends on the Director of Base Production

But i would hammer for rovers be at least 2nd (seems like lots of people want to terraform first), and then to build a minimum of rovers depending on what the map looks like, if it's all land, then i would want at least 4, one for each direction. I think by this time we should have 2 or 3 bases, so supporting them shouldn't be too hard.
              Rovers are a must for proper exploration early on and we therefore do need to request that the Director of Base Production pump out enough that we can begin exploring within our territory and then move outward. Hopefully new cities will be rising within our territory at a fast enough pace that any rovers we are able to convince Dir of Base Production to produce are needed to further explore our own territory. Hopefully, however, the military director will agree with us and also push for more rovers so that we may explore further than our own territory and attempt to make contact with another faction early.

This also involves building not only rovers, but foils when the proper tech is discovered.

TKG pointed this out...
              we're playing huge planet map. if you play it enough, you know where you want to send your pods, rovers or not.
              How can one already know and be familiar with the map of Planet, TKG? Aren't we soon to arrive there for the very first time? Or are you aware of some previous scouts that I am not?

I hope I have answered every question to the questioner's satisfaction.

In closing I would like to respond to my opponent's response to my infiltrate datalinks proposal:
              If the mission goes wrong it doesn't only give the other faction a reason to declare war on us, it would also effect our integrity.
              So i say no to it, unless there's a very good chance (90%) that the team can do it untracable.
              I would hope by now it was understandable that since I'm pushing for not being detected at what we do (hence also not framing other factions, since there is also enough of a chance two factions could start a war with us at the same time) that it would be a given that I would want to not hurt our integrity... however I was not aware that simply infiltrating datalinks and gaining knowledge of what our opponents has and what they are building in any given base was an act of war. (OOC)I've never been given the option to declare war on somebody who has just infiltrated my datalinks, even though the game usually announces the fact that another faction did. What case is it when we could actually go to war over something like that?(/OOC)
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

(OOC)I've never been given the option to declare war on somebody who has just infiltrated my datalinks, even though the game usually announces the fact that another faction did. What case is it when we could actually go to war over something like that?(/OOC)

hmm, you could be right, i usually have enough probe defenses, and also always make sure i get the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm, that i can't really remember the last time i had a probe action against me. If it doesn't give grounds for war, then i'm all for it.

Comment

Working...
                X