No announcement yet.

Banning of Parties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, I don't see how parties have made civ3dem any less fun- all they were big for was a few elections- then everyone who FEARS THEY MIGHT(MIGHT) BECOME A PROBLEM began making big issues about them_ I chalange any anti-party person to relate a single 'horror' story from civ3dem.... a single one that has anyhting to do with parties as parties, and not about, lets say, individuals who don't like each other. I don't know of ONE single such thing. Many people are simply utterly apolitical, and they see a dem game not as an excersise on politics, sincevthey could not care less about politics, and more as a big, giant group game where game strategy is key. So, for those that hate parties in principal because they are political- you will have to take other steps to remove politics from the game, the dem. game.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I think we should just roleplay. If we want Parties, lets create parties, if someone finds parties are making the game boring, then then can lead a campaign for dissolutions of parties, etc..

Maybe its just for me, but a demo game is a RPG
      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

I could have said it better Pandemoniak (i really couldnt have said it better because I am typing here )
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

DBTS, your post sounds ... not clear. Did you mistyped anythin ?

I could have said it better Pandemoniak (i really couldnt have said it better because I am typing here)

Comment

I agree with what you say the part between '(*)' was a Stupid joke that probebly only my dutch friends understand but i agree with what you said about role-playing
            Bunnies!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

Oh. It sounds more clear now. Im confused.
              Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
                Oh. It sounds more clear now. Im confused.
                Duh.
                im confused too.politics isnt good.civ3 dem showed politics. i dont like that. will it happen here?if so, i vote yes.if not, i vote no.

can someone answer me please?!

Comment

Though I know the engine of History, I cannot presient future.

Pandemoniak,
                  in, For I have walked with the Drones

Comment

let`s make it simple CIV3 isnt SMAC and there are other people involved maybe it matter maybe it doesnt
                    Bunnies!

Comment

A radical suggestion indeed, and I am not for it.

SMAC is something way different then Civ3 (which is why I have played AC many, many times more then Civ3, but that's another thread). A Civ3 Demo game and an AC Demo game just can't be compared. In AC, the social engineering concept brings an entirely new dimension to things.
                      We all have a common goal, winning the game, but in AC, with the mixture of ideals and politics, there are very several, some different, some more alike, ways to reach victory. Some might prefer striving for a diplomatic victory, some for conquest, some might see war as a necessity, some it as a burden. And since the Demo game has so many different people, with different playstyles and ideas, it is obvious that to drive their own way of doing things they'll seek others who think like them and try to reach their goals.
                      If they are a majority and ideology prevails, then democracy is happening.

I will reconsider participating in the Democracy game if parties are banned.

Also, I'm all for having discussion threads were ideas are handled. Atrocities and their use, SE politics, the like.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I will reconsider participating in the Democracy game if parties are banned
                        Well, if we have parties- they should be SMACish- I.E. Social Engineering Parties... Supporting different paths of social engineering
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

i dont want two parties.but if there are like three four and five then its good.then politics is little and fun is big!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

Well, if we have parties- they should be SMACish- I.E. Social Engineering Parties... Supporting different paths of social engineering
                            Well that's what LSD (and CDC) does. Demo/Green(FM)/Knowledge/Cybernetic(Eudaimonia).
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

An important part of democracy is freedom of association, right?

I probably prefer the system from the Civ2 game, where parties exist only for roleplay purposes, but with the direction this game has taken so far, I support parties.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                                It's a fair call, Tass

Something similar that seems to have worked in the Civ3 game was the establishment of the War Academy and Thinker's Guild. The Thinker's Guild was supposedly where you went to discuss the philosophy of actions in the game - you weren't members of a party, merely a small group that chatted there, normally about hopw to expand your alcohol stash. The War Academy threads were on various strategic decisions/plans made and helped significantly in many cases. These groups had no loyalties but to thoughtful exchange, and they did not degenerate.
                                Word...
                                My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X