No announcement yet.

Banning of Parties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who appointed you boss of the demo game? Actually I'd like to change my mind. I am serious about the banning of tass! Maybe I should go make a new topic...
    "Pact brother, why are those planet busters heading towards my base?!!!!" -Brother Lal
    Member of the Hawk panty.
    "I wear my underwear over my pants." -Emvepe

Comment

Originally posted by Emvepe
      Who appointed you boss of the demo game? Actually I'd like to change my mind. I am serious about the banning of tass! Maybe I should go make a new topic...
      this is just another example of party politics.

i am a builder. i have made that known in the civ3 demo game. emvepe here is a member of the hawk party. they are warmongers. they want to eliminate me so that they can take control of the demo game!

(For those 'serious' people, i'm kidding. also, this is )
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

/me runs over tas with a 40 impact rover momentum rush!

Also even if you ban "official" parties you can't stop people from having "unofficial" ones...
        "Pact brother, why are those planet busters heading towards my base?!!!!" -Brother Lal

Comment

Tass, let me reiterate, what is more in-character for the PK's than politics and bureaucracy?

To be blunt Tass, if you want to have total control over a faction and be abe to pick and choose elements of the game so none of them bother you, go and play SP and get out of the Demo game. Part of any Democracy is the freedom of political expression, and obviously, people who believe the same things should be expected to form up into groups for mutual benifit.
          Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Also even if you ban "official" parties you can't stop people from having "unofficial" ones...
            Well yes you are correct, however a ban on official parties would make unofficial ones more inefficent.

Tass, let me reiterate, what is more in-character for the PK's than politics and bureaucracy?
            They also have a -1 efficency rating. Lets make those parties less efficent. Banning them gives them a -1 efficency rating (Joking, of course)

To be blunt Tass, if you want to have total control over a faction and be abe to pick and choose elements of the game so none of them bother you, go and play SP and get out of the Demo game.
            As youve already said, this is a democracy game. I am free to express my opinion. I just tend to have different opinions for different reasons.

And someday, me expressing those opinion may help us....one day. hopefully

Part of any Democracy is the freedom of political expression, and obviously, people who believe the same things should be expected to form up into groups for mutual benifit.
            But those groups quickly start attacking other groups. Case in point: civ3 demo game. I mean, its really gotten out of hand. And banning parties has worked before. Civfanatics Civ3 demo Game, anyone?

Comment

Tass were you hit on the head with a very large brick when you were born? This is a DEMOCRACY game.. let me spell it out for you D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y and I'll even say it really slowly DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYY. How can you have a democracy without politics? Oh wait you wouldn't know anything about a democracy because your obsessed with communism. Communism failed everywhere it was applied. Get over it.

Comment

Tass were you hit on the head with a very large brick when you were born? This is a DEMOCRACY game.. let me spell it out for you D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y and I'll even say it really slowly DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYY. How can you have a democracy without politics?
                Check here.

Oh wait you wouldn't know anything about a democracy because your obsessed with communism. Communism failed everywhere it was applied. Get over it.
                Democracy is a political system. Communism is an economic system. Plus, your probably thinking about stalinism or maoism (although unfortuantely, maoism combined with some freemarket tendencies is actually doing....good, i suppose.). But that is soo off topic.

Comment

The only communism I'm familiar with is leninism and marxism and I'm not interested in learning more.

Back on topic: I eat socks.

I like eating socks. MMM yummy socks.

Also I'd join the civ3 games but I don't have civ3. Also I know your just going to type 'BUT ITS ALL POLITICS YOU DONT NEED CIV3 YADA YADYADAYA'. I don't care. I have AC so I'm going to participate in this game, if I had civ3 I'd gladly participate in that as well.

Got socks?
                  Last edited by Emvepe; August 8, 2002, 06:03.

Comment

Back on topic: How about instead of trying to make the Democracy game exactly how you want it you can just NOT PARTICIPATE.
                    (actually, thats not ontopic )

Just trying to make it better. By raising these questions, we 1) get them out of the way (for the time being) and 2) are able to debate things early on so that we can improve things ealry on.

Contrary to popular belief (er...), I'm not an evil maoistic russian coming to hijack the democracy game and make it an evil maoism.

This is one potential way to solve the problem of the inevitable party politics.

Remember, its only a thread. You really need to calm down.

Comment

Whoa, cool it guys. Tass is just commenting on what has befallen the largest Demo game we have here, that's all. He's just expressing his opinion and hoping some others share it with him.

You may well want political parties, but I hope no-one wants them to cause us problems with the game, as is the precedent. Maybe that won't happen here, maybe it will.

Please, can we keep the personal stuff a little bit muted? You have strong feelings towards having parties here, Emvepe. Post them calmly and rationally, and people will listen. What is going on here at the moment isn't helping anything.

I haven't voted yet - I'm currently ambivalent to whether parties are here or not. Give me a good reason to vote for them and I may well do that. Convince us, Emvepe, and you will get your way.

No-one is making decisions here. EVERYONE is.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                        Whoa, cool it guys. Tass is just commenting on what has befallen the largest Demo game we have here, that's all. He's just expressing his opinion and hoping some others share it with him.

You may well want political parties, but I hope no-one wants them to cause us problems with the game, as is the precedent. Maybe that won't happen here, maybe it will.

Please, can we keep the personal stuff a little bit muted? You have strong feelings towards having parties here, Emvepe. Post them calmly and rationally, and people will listen. What is going on here at the moment isn't helping anything.

I haven't voted yet - I'm currently ambivalent to whether parties are here or not. Give me a good reason to vote for them and I may well do that. Convince us, Emvepe, and you will get your way.

No-one is making decisions here. EVERYONE is.

A vote for panties is a vote for pants!!! Don't be a fool put some pants on! mmm.. socks...

Edit: I meant parties.

Comment

This is a DEMOCRACY game.. let me spell it out for you D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y and I'll even say it really slowly DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYY. How can you have a democracy without politics?
                          Politics means "The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs."
                          Politics does not mean two parties of roughly equal power argueing endlessly and never getting anything done. Neither does democracy, even if it seems that way in many modern democracies.
                          A two parties system just plain doesn't work (When it comes to fun that is). And I'm getting more convinced that there is no way a system built on politcal parties won't turn into a 2 party system

I'll go over here now.
                          Wojit - He likes rice

Comment

Originally posted by Wojit

Politics means "The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs."
                            Politics does not mean two parties of roughly equal power argueing endlessly and never getting anything done. Neither does democracy, even if it seems that way in many modern democracies.
                            A two parties system just plain doesn't work (When it comes to fun that is). And I'm getting more convinced that there is no way a system built on politcal parties won't turn into a 2 party system

I'll go over here now.
                            Could I interest you in some nice pretty pink panties with frilly lace??????????? Or how about some socks? I love socks. Lets all eat socks.

edit: I can even get more childish then this if you want

Comment

I deleted my post script about how childish you are, but I think I'd like it mention it anyway. Quit being childish. And quit spamming. I hope your party is ashamed.
                              Wojit - He likes rice

Comment

Originally posted by Wojit
                                I deleted my post script about how childish you are, but I think I'd like it mention it anyway. Quit being childish. And quit spamming. I hope your party is ashamed.

You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now

Comment

Working...
                                X