Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what more is there to organise?

Comment

1. Do you consider yourself a strong leader?

Yes I do, I have held leadership positions in all that I have done, through school, the military, gaming groups and even into business. I work well at organizing others and getting a team motivated and on target to the job at hand.

My opinions will work toward a Constituation that is fairly simple but very straight forward. Nothing fancy is needed, just something that gets to the point.

2. What do you think are the responsabilities of the Commisioner?

The role of the Commissioner in this case is one of a servant more than a leader. The Commissioner is responsable for taking the ideas of the group and turning them into actions in the game. His role is also to listen to all the opinions offered and help consolidate them them into a do-able action.

3. When does the game begin?

The game has already begun. half the fun of any game is the atmospher it can create. The current dialog has create the beginning of this atmosphere. The actual play of the scenaro is scheduled for Sept 1st but the FUN and thus the game is already with us.

4. When are the directorate elections to be held?

I agree with my opponent. We should get the nominations done quickly and actually be able to start the vote for the other positions by next Wednesday or Thursday.

E.L. Crisler
      Fundamentalist Faction

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
        The game began only a few days ago, I really think we should get more organized BEFORE having elections.
        Well, that's what the Commissioner does... he makes sure that things do get organized in a.. uhm.. organized fashion. Of course we could just mumble with each other for a while in anarchy and come up with some crappy rules, but I think it's much more in the spirit of the game if we democratically elect someone to take care of this process.

On the other hand, I think that we're not in a hurry to have the Directorate elections anytime soon... what're they supposed to do before planetfall anyway? Perhaps during the first term we don't even need directors.

Comment

Perhaps during the first term we don't even need directors
          I don't think we need Directors before the 1st of september. We can do the elections but the term shouldn't begin to count before the game begins.
          Member of the P4 party in the SMAC democracy game
          Running for foreign affairs

Comment

we will hold another election for commissioner before the game starts though.

Comment

NO NEED FOR HAVING THE ELECTION SO SOON!

cant we wait at least a few days?

Comment

Originally posted by Leland

Well, that's what the Commissioner does... he makes sure that things do get organized in a.. uhm.. organized fashion. Of course we could just mumble with each other for a while in anarchy and come up with some crappy rules, but I think it's much more in the spirit of the game if we democratically elect someone to take care of this process.

On the other hand, I think that we're not in a hurry to have the Directorate elections anytime soon... what're they supposed to do before planetfall anyway? Perhaps during the first term we don't even need directors.
                well, a lot can happen between now and later. I'm pretty sure all these people whom are up for election are qualified to help us, however we do not need to give them an official title.

Lets hold off for now.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I agree with the Hold Off For Now motion
                  It's way too soon for Commissioner elections. Not everything is organised, and by the time it is there will probably be more candidates.
                  Wojit - He likes rice

Comment

This is way too early for a commissioner vote, guys.

Especially since a lot of the parties and coalitions aren't even finished with their planning.

Once that happens there will no doubt be more canidates... to do it now just gives too much power to the future incumbant.
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

my opininion:

1. I believe that if the people want to hear a direct and not radical commissioner then they need to vote on me. I am flexible but stand behind my believes...I think I can get this game on the road in the right direction.

2. I think the commissioner has the job to play the game and responed to any sudden change in our or The AI`s tactics. I believe the alpha-talent will help the commissioner to get the opinion of the people. and pitchin when the commmissioner is gone

3. we will make planetfall begin september

4.the directorate election will be held as soon as possible (within a week of the election of the commissioner) so that they can get there act together

Death By the Sword
                      Bunnies!
                      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

So....If I may ask, what is going on with this poll? Are we having the election, or are we not?
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

yes is it going or did we stop and will hold the poll in a few days?
                          Bunnies!
                          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

cant this be topped or something?
                            Bunnies!

Comment

Wow, this race is very close; and also I think now would be a good time to address the issue of if we choose the Alpha Talent as the runner up for Commissioner, what happens in a case of a draw?
                              You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

If there is draw, why don't we just let the High Commissioner choose? I still prefer that option over another election.
                                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                                X