No announcement yet.

Commissioners Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TKG I find your arguement for the free market most interesting, you might actually sway me on this. I would be happy to discuss this in more detail.

E.L. Crisler
    Fundamentalist Faction

Comment

The Efficiency malus of the PKs can be more easily fixed by going Democratic. Morale and Police are different fields. A higher morale won't help you quell drones.

Though a leader needs to listen to the people, he also has a guiding role. Thus it is handy to know something himself about his directorate. That way he can see what is good and what is less good advice and guide the discussion for reaching the most efficient result.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

the reason i didn't suggest democracy here was because i know that crisler's more interested in fundamentalism, and he'll run it no matter what.

Comment

TKG that is not an accurate statement. The Fundamentalist philosophy is way of looking at things, but it is not nearly as limited as most people think.

I am prepared to consider other options if they can be shown as providing the best for the people.

(RP OFF..... Guys I understand all this from the game mechanics point of view, but half the fun of any game is to suspend the unbelief and actually enjoy the game, delving into the game not the mechanics. RP ON)

As M2ni@c has stated a good leader will listen to his people, something I have stated all along I would do. However M@ni@c I must disagree about the knowledge a leader needs. Look at history, Churchill had no idea how a plane worked and flew, let alone how to fight in one, yet he led his people to victory in one of the great arial battels of all time. He knew his limits and listen to his people. His great leadership was not his personal knowledge but rather his ability to use the information provide from many sources to make a well informed decision.

E.L. Crisler
          Fundamentalist Faction

Comment

i ofcourse want to tell you all about my (and p4`s stands) on atrocities but for the first commissioner this will not be importent the rules are what the first commissioner has to organize...
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

So if I understand my worth opponent from P4 correctly he is saying he does not feel it is important to express the views he has on these and future matters? Are we not to know your pattern of thought or the plans of your party?

Does no one else find it odd that only ONE candidate for Commision has been willing to answer any question posed with no attempt to duck it?

Come now my opponents, step up to the mike.

E.L. Crisler
              Fundamentalist Faction

Comment

Crisler, it is admirable that you are willing to have some debate to clarify the issues of the Commissioner candidates, but the fact is that the first Commissioner will not be playing the game at all, unless this has been rediscussed during my absence.
                The actual game won't be beginning until September, August will be used for arranging the game properly, and opening this debate was rash and, I daresay, useless.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

i think thats what DBTS meant

Comment

I know, but I feared Crisler didn't get his point as he started to reiterate the need of a debate and implying that anyone who refuses to participate in this futile discussion would be not as competent for the task as he is.

If Crisler wishes to know of the policy of the P4 party, I think their thread might have something regarding that matter.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

TKG> DBTS = Death By The Sword

Hmm.. I think we might have to reconsider the status of the first Commissioner (perhaps this isn't the right thread for it?), since the planning part of the game does seem to flow nicely without him, too...
                      You make my life and times
                      A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Which leaves me wondering what still needs to be planned. We have the different director functions, we have established a way of electing, we have determined game rules and map settings. A thing still unclear is if we will edit the PK file a bit. An example is we might change the graphics and diplomatic text or allow the PKs to go police state.

Probably I oversee something major, but I don't have any democracy gaming experience.

Comment

Maybe Ade, but do consider the fact that August is already gone by a week. It'd be a more uniform start if the game began in September. But electing a Commissioner for this month might be unnnecessary, but it would get some pressure off the political field, and would bring us a focal point of power that can actually do something. Of course, polling and discussion remain as the key procedures in setting up the game.

Comment

Hmm. Yes, I guess you ain't wrong.
                            You make my life and times
                            A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

I was setting up the first Civ2 democracy game, and I do have a feeling in my head that we are missing something here, but I'm afraid I can't name it... and, I tend to havce that feeling quite often, even without any proper reason.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X