A question of Vice-Presidents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question of Vice-Presidents?

We've easily got enough members to support a Vice-Commissioner, who exists to take over if the Commissioner goes AWOL, and runs elections. So, how is this going to work?

Directly elected?
    The runner-up for commissioner, as in Civ2? (my preferred choice)

i'd say runner up

Comment

I'd also say runner-up. There are already many elections to organize.
      Member of the P4 party in the SMAC democracy game
      Running for foreign affairs

Comment

Runner up seems more appropriate.

Just a suggestion to those that don't like the runner up idea. Maybe after the president is chosen, the other candidates could then be used to choose the vice president. But only those that ran for president could be considered.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I disagree I say a seperate election. Some people might want a postion but not the responsiblity of having to play (all the time). Or maybe just have the Military misnister take over in case the commissoner is absent..?
          Semper Fi!
          Join the SMAC Demo game and P4 party.

Comment

Runner-Up is the best solution. By doing the runner up know that the person is willing to do the Commisioners job if it is required. Plus by doing the runner up we can stop one party from easily gaining total control.

E.L. Crisler
            Fundamentalist Faction

Comment

there is a problem i have pointed out with the runner-up system. an inferior candidate can be guaranteed a position if only one other person is running for president.

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
                there is a problem i have pointed out with the runner-up system. an inferior candidate can be guaranteed a position if only one other person is running for president.
                I think that because of the runner-up also gets something, there's incentive to nominate more than just two candidates, which is good. More diversity. Besides Alpha Talent doesn't have any real powers anyway.

Comment

runner-up!
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

runner up is ok with me.
                    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Hmm... it seems appropriate, yes. But there are also (aforementioned) problems, which might be solved by a) council electing the VP, or b) another election with the same candidates (without the winner-candidate, of course)
                      You make my life and times
                      A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

I choose door number B (what did I win? )
                        Bunnies!
                        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

hmm. i like the "b" option.

Comment

that would be fine with me, but it may add unnecessary time to the election process...

Comment

Will we allow accumulation of the Alpha Talentship with a directorate, at least in this early phase where there aren't that many volunteers for director-positions?
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                              X