Enigma_Nova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma_Nova

Many of you will have seen smacksims thread, or HongHu's, or the Allegation thread, or one in your private forums, and will know the issue. Enigma has been cheating in PBEMs. He has expressed, on occasions, that he will not, and indeed cannot stop cheating. He can play multiple turns without reloading and has taken advantage of bugs. I am also at least 99% sure that he cheated, by reloading, in the first Angel turn, before we restarted. He has shown a willingness to cheat, a capacity to cheat, and has cheated in this DG. He also shows few signs of stopping, and has at times said he cannot, at the moment. Therefore, it is with a heavy heart, that I have realised that his continuing participation in this DG is untenable. A DG cannot exist where members are known to cheat in it, and remain part of it. It removes trust, it makes people paranoid, and it removes much of the fun of it.

Having said that, I have looked at the saves, and I am quite sure that there has been no cheating since the restart. It has only been 3 turns, and there has been some evidence that he has played that turn, before giving advice to the turnplayer. However, whether he did or not, the effect was non-existant, as the turnplayer did not do what he said, and played exactly as they would have done otherwise. I am completely satisfied, therefore, that this game we are playing is not at all corrupted, and so a restart is not necessary.

I can assure each and every team that, because of Enigma's actions or otherwise, currently no team has an unfair advantage, and no team has been cheating on their save.

I have explained this in full to Enigma, and if people wish to read about the other PBEMs, please look in the multiplayer forums. This is the only decision left, given events, and the fact that even I, someone who is usually trusting to a fault, have lost faith that Enigma will not cheat.

Having said that, I would like to say that I am happy to play PBEMs with him, and I believe if he proves himself to be a fair player, we should let him back into the DG. However that will be when the community feels they can trust him. As such, I have PMed rah (an admin who is online currently) and asked him to remove Enigma from the Data Angels list of players.

If you wish to comment, feel free to post or PM me.

- Drogue
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

so now what? a vote/poll for letting him get back or something?...if he still wants to that is of course
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Re: Enigma_Nova

Originally posted by Drogue
      As such, I have PMed rah (an admin who is online currently) and asked him to remove Enigma from the Data Angels list of players.
      It will be taken care of later today or early in the morning when I have access to the Private Forum Control panels.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
        so now what? a vote/poll for letting him get back or something?...if he still wants to that is of course
        Now we get on with the game, and put this behind us. Once people seem happy to accept Enigma back, and if he wants to come back, I will PM him and ask him. Until then, let's do what we're here for. A fun, challenging and interesting game of SMAC

And many thanks to Ming, for sorting us out
        Smile

Comment

to having this resolved and continuing the game.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

What Kassi said.

Comment

All I can say is we chose the correct person to be Mod.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                All I can say is we chose the correct person to be Mod.
                I would agree...

Well done...
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

I'm tempted to say "we love drugs" but that has another meaning.

We love our mod!

Comment

Have you considered a career as a judge, Drogue? Next time I If I ever get arrested, I hope someone like you is sitting up there.
                    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Bring back the death penalty! Errm I mean... SPANK HIM!, yes that's better!

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Thanks for the comments I'm just glad people seem to agree with the decision, and I'm looking forward to learning some interesting ways to play
                        Smile

Comment

All 4 for Drogue!

But EN is a treat not only to DG, but all the Poly's SMAC society - he can easily encourage one to leave SMAC playing just by cheating one game & doing so superior, that the others' morale drops

For new recruits morale is already low & if EN is the 1st or one of the 1st they meet on PBEM, they will most likely have no interest either in PBEM & MP (they'll just think they've not born for this game).

So, what I propose is to make an "ALWAYS AT THE TOP" thread at the AC-Multiplaying with a subject like this "FOR THOSE IN GAMES WITH ENIGMA_NOVA & OTHER CHEATERS".
                          This thread should contain an explanation why shouldn't one try playing with Enigma & where to report if another cheating/suspicious player has been sighted and list of those cheating & suspicious players with EN being the firt in the list.

I think it's possible, but if you (Poly staff) people want some other opinions I will start a poll.

-bin
                          Enigmas worst enemy, as he once said..
                          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                            So, what I propose is to make an "ALWAYS AT THE TOP" thread at the AC-Multiplaying with a subject like this "FOR THOSE IN GAMES WITH ENIGMA_NOVA & OTHER CHEATERS".
                            The general rule here is that you need proof to accuse somebody of cheating openly in the forums. Whithout real proof, any accusations could lead to somebody being restricted

While I'm not a member of this community, it seems like that criteria has been meet, and a thread(s) has been posted stating the facts. Action has been taken, and the community seems open minded to second chances in the future. Case Closed.

To create a topped thread to specifically tar and feather a member of this site is NOT a good idea.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Wow... I really did miss something, didn't I?
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X