New Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum?

Should we have a new forum for the new DG, or continue to use this forum, with new private forums? This is all subject to the veto of the Owners, but once we have an idea what we want, I'll PM Ming and ask that the new private forums be created, and myself be made mod of the new forum.
    New forum
    80.00%
    Keep this forum
    15.00%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    Xenobanana
    5.00%

The poll is expired.

Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

I think we should have a new one. Otherwise we have the same problem of GT, Tass and Googlie being mods, when it should be just myself, (as it's looking) Method, and possible buster. It also means we can keep these private forums here if anyone wants to look at them, and it makes it much neater.

Start from scratch again - New Forum
    Smile

Comment

I voted new forum too.

How about simply archiving the whole ACDTG & ACPSG fora btw?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I agree with archiving the ACDTG and ACPSG. However, I want a warning before it happens because I need to copy out my introduction thread. I need to copy it out with an edit because it's got lots of html tags in it that took me a long time to put in.

Comment

I voted new forum. It should help greatly to have a nice new clean forum.

Kody: Why not copy it now and save the text (with html codes) as a text file on your h/d?
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm allowed to be lazy now and again. Okay I'll do it now.

Comment

Well, I didn't mean NOW now necessarily, just sometime before these forums would be closed.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If at all possible, I think it's best if we archive this forum completely (keeping the private fora open for viewing by all without authorization needed), and start a brand new one. We should also try to keep the old team CivGroups, for pride's sake (at least as a member of the winning faction, I'd like to keep my Hive icon )

For the sake of keeping things organized, a brand new forum should be started.

Of course, this is a decision for the admins. We might have to ask them to delete the old ACPSG to get a new forum...
                Join a Democracy Game today!
                | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

We could ask them to archive the ACPSG for when everyone gets disenchanted with teams and wants to go back to a single faction game. But Archiving this one and asking for a new one sounds good to me.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Ever the optimist.

Comment

New forum, archive this one please...
                      Play hangman.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        Ever the optimist.
                        Single faction games will be around LONG after multi-team ones die.

And did you see how angry some people got at each other in this game? Not good. That's just going to keep happening.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Are there any single-faction games running? The ACPSG has been shelved indefinately...

People get angry, but people also get over it. Competing against others can be fun, and is the basis for the vast majority of multiplayer games in general.

Comment

New forum.
                            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                              How about simply archiving the whole ACDTG & ACPSG fora btw?
                              Sounds good Will ask for that.
                              Smile

Comment

Working...
                              X