Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaunk

Hear hear!

Going for the win is great, and expect us to do that, but not at the expense of fun, friendship or finances (I really can't think of a better third "f" )
    Expect us going for the win too, just not blindly at the expense of fun.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Hydro,

Once we get the background story decided. I hope to start the interfactional roleplay story.

I wanted to do it since back in ACDGII. I reckon it'll be fun because while you're taking part in the story, you don't know all of the story threads. So you'll be working blindly at some things just like a real character. I couldn't do it last ACDG because it needs a narrator to guide the story threads together.

Also factions should consider debating teams.

PS: I'm going to keep the histories seperate, because I don't want to be accused of leaking information to other factions. Rather the roleplay story will be very loosely based on what is happening in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kody
        Once we get the background story decided...............
        The Spartan Chronicles is required reading for all Spartan team members as an integral part of the backstory

Comment

Goog - really? Well, then Team Deirdre has a leg up on the Spartans since I probably know SC as well as anyone!

hehe

Hydro

Comment

Roleplaying story wise is there any particular direction people want to go?

Comment

Where is Paula Forbes when we need her?

Comment

Roleplaying means I should join the mods
                Promoter of Public Morale
                Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Also sad to see you go Googlie, you have been a real help in organising Morgan Industires, we will none the less equip you with a Golden Pahachute in which to float gently down into Sparta with.

As Googlie stated the Morga-Corp Mini game will continue to be altered (its never realy been nailed down very well). The original Plan was for all players to buy and sell bases/units/energy Credits amongst each other and if you own a controling share (50%) of a base/unit you get to dictate its actions. Elected officials would manage only the assets that no one owns a controling share in, make sugjestions and deside faction wide pollicy. Elections could even be desided by wealth. Esentialy a bottom up means of managing the whole faction. A bit like a Morganite version of the Police State game that was tried with the Hive.

I now belive that would make an interesting game vs 6 AI but for the fiercly competitive team game most of our members have been interested in a more traditional structure like that found in the Hive or Cycon last game, basicaly well asigned positions like Finance, Terraforming, Diplomacy ect ect. We then began to haggle over how much power would be given to the traditional structres and how much would be in the hands of the base owners. With Googlie now out of the picture the pendulum swings back towards a more traditional role which is what I would advocate. At most I think we might have regional Govenors as part of the corporate structure but they would be under a very strong central goverment with clear departments and divisions and the faction as a whole rather then individuals will manage bases. Its still quite debatable at this point but its already far less grand then what was postulated in our HQ thread.
                  Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Impaler! How could you!

We all know a golden parachute would be too heavy to break Googlie's fall.

Comment

It's a Gossamer Golden Chute, 200 feet square, and only 20 lbs. Quite an impressive sight, even for the non-materialists among the Spartans.

(Same material we are planning to use for Orbital Energy Collection.)
                      "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

*points out that gold doesn't have a very good tensile strength*

You don't make parachutes out of metals, not only because the weight, but also because unless you make a special alloy the tensile strength is very low and you're likely to suffer necking problems with the material. Having it gossamer will just increase the tensile problems.

Comment

It's design is similar to Solar Sails... there is a light polymer substrate for structure, and the metal is atomized onto the substrate in a very thin layer.

BTW, that was a typo... I meant 2 lbs.
                          "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Originally posted by Kody
                            Impaler! How could you!

We all know a golden parachute would be too heavy to break Googlie's fall.
                            Actually it wasn't made of gold.
                            We had previously had a hard time coming up with an excuse for creating the Uranium Flats in the next ACDG. Googlie's defection to the Spartans gave us a prime opportunity to provide the Uranium Flats for the next ACDG. The last two words Googlie muttered after pulling the cord on his Uranium Parachute were "Oh - splat".......

D

Comment

Ah - that's only what it sounded like to watchers/listeners on the ground. What actually left my mouth, in between screams, was " Oh - ****** #@&^%##"

G.

Comment

Ahh and I thought the Uranium was just rusty.

Comment

Working...
                                X