NEWS Item for MarkG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWS Item for MarkG

What do you guys think of this? MarkG is always looking for news items and this might get us a little publicity and maybe some new blood?

Thoughts and changes post here please. After some comment if you guys like it Ill send it to MarkG.

The Alpha Centauri Demo Game is born again!

With the recent conclusion of the Alpha Centauri Democracy Game (ACDG) II, planning is in full swing for the ACDG III. Currently there are four factions available for human play: Morgan, Gaian, Spartan, and the Data Angels. This Demo game will use the expansion Alien Crossfire as the basis for play. This is a very active role-playing community so you do not have to have Alpha Centauri to play. So please check out the ACDG Demo game forum ( Here ). We are always looking for new players. Land fall on planet will happen soon, so don’t delay
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

I submitted something similar with the beginning and end thread. But it will not hurt to submit another one I think. Perhaps if they overlook the one I submitted they will see this one.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
      I submitted something similar with the beginning and end thread. But it will not hurt to submit another one I think. Perhaps if they overlook the one I submitted they will see this one.
      Lets wait a couple of days. Maybe till after the weekend.

At then he cant say we aren't contributing
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Let's wait until the game starts.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Factions should be listed in alphabetical order so as your faction bias isn't shown as strongly.
          And no, this doesn't help Sparta much, but it is the fair thing to do.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Reverse alphabetical order for once maybe?
            Play hangman.

Comment

No, just put the spammiest faction first so that new spammers will use it as their first spam stop.

Gaians, anyone?

Comment

Why have you sorted it by number of members Con? Is order so important? It should be alphabetical or reverse alphabetical, it doen't matter much. If order listing is a crucial factor in one's decision for faction, than I wouldn't expect much from that person.
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                  Why have you sorted it by number of members Con? Is order so important? It should be alphabetical or reverse alphabetical, it doen't matter much. If order listing is a crucial factor in one's decision for faction, than I wouldn't expect much from that person.
                  Actually it was randomly sorted, I just put down the names of the four factions as they popped into my head. If alphabetical is ALL THAT important, I can change the order. Quite frankly I wasn't really thinking of that when I typed it up. And since Im a Morgan, the Morgans were first in my brain.

When we decide to send it Ill redo them alphabetically.

You guys will do almost anything to spam, wont you????

Comment

Well, it was Skanky who started....
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

hint
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

So the wisdom of MarkG solves another issue. Really, why didn't we think of this ourselves. Where is the final version of the newsitem, so that we approve it and somebody submits it?

Comment

Hong Hu did one already. (different than this one)

We are going to submit this one sometime next week.

Comment

MarkG had send me an email with regarding the news item: "a much larger news item would be appreciated "

Perhaps con could work your piece a little richer and then submit it.

Alternatively after we decide all the mods and other stuff, Kody and I could start a introduction the this game, and then a news item pointing to it.
                            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I like the alternative.

Comment

Working...
                              X