X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creator - Buster
    Moderator - Drogue and Method
    Narrator - Kody and HongHu
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Who voted write-in? I thought write-in means you need to write-in whom you are voting (that is not on the list). Or are you really confident that we could have Mr. Write-in to do the job?
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

C: Buster, since he's uber1337
        M: Drogue, impratial and intelligent.
        N: drunk on Xenorum to ensure a half-decent story.

Comment

Don't put on that drunken face with me Enigma. There is a xenorum choice beside the write-in choice.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Buster, Drogue, and Googlie, Kody and HongHu for Narrator.

I'm presuming there will be one creator, one moderator and one narrator, all with access to all forums?

I believe everyone knows my positions on things, as said in the Nominations thread and cheating thread. That is that rules are to be discussed, then polled, at the begining, and will remain the same. If a new exploit is discovered that is minor, I will rule whether or not it's allowed (based on a combination of realism - whether it would be possible physically, and fairness - whether it gives any team an unfair advantage), if it is a major exploit, it will be polled if it is allowed. I'd ask any team to ask me before trying any action they're not sure about the legality of. It's a lot less upheaval to stop something happening than to have to try to reverse something illegal done.
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Oohhh we starting election campagins....

If I get voted as narrator, there will be dairy maids lots of dairy maids. Furthermore I promise all cows will have a head on each end so no mess.
              I also swear that in every story that characters will never need to go to the toliet.

Drogue: I think that more than one should be allowed.

Comment

Vote for me please

Comment

More than one sounds good. It ensures impartiality and the fact that mods can divide business between themselves and ease their burden.
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Looks like the poll still has yet to decide between Googlie and Method as a mod.

Other than that there are clear perferences.

Comment

IMHO, 2 is bad, since there is problems if they disagree, if one decides something, lets a team do it, and the other doesn't like it. There's also the burocracy, of having to discuss everything. IMHO, one mod is far better, and leads to more consistancy. It won't help impartiality, since not being in a team, we're all impartial. As for easing the burden, I have an office job with internet access and much free time over the summer, so that won't be a problem. Also, with a different creator and narrator, they could act as eyes and ears if they see something. Indeed, I think giving the Creator mod powers is good too, as they're the one that has set up the map and knows things in game better, but leaving the mod as primary mod. That way rules are consistant and fair.
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Somehow I don't think Buster will be taking active duties in this ACDG. He's setting up the map, but I think he'll rather spend time fostering the growth of his own forums.

Drogue: I think they should give you authorisation to give access to other people's forums. That way you can add new members if the main team moderator is inactive.

Comment

Drugs, how about if we do two mods, and I'm the second, you can just make all the important decisions that I wouldn't want to poke with a metre-long stick of Lemmy-poking.

Comment

Well ofcorse Drouge would be the lead Mod and Method the lowly poking secondary, Drouge has way more votes
                            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

If Drogue is confident that he can handle the moderator role by himself, I don't see why we have to have two mods. Method can be the bus boy.

As for campaign, hmmm. Well all I really aim for is to be able to read all forums. And I promise I won't polute your sacred forums by too many light hearted spam discussions.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

It seems that if we want 2 moderaters we should repoll the second place as Method Googlie and Octavian X are not significantly separated on the vote. I'd say just make Drogue the sole moderater...

Drogue, can you authorise me for the cycon forum please? Pretty please?
                                Play hangman.

Comment

Working...
                                X