No announcement yet.

Summary of the ACDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a lot of spam. Did you have designated +1 threads, or did it flood the entire forum?

Comment

For much of the game we were completly spam free except for some sporadic Tass Spam.

Later our members started to get into it too but it was well confined to Spam threads. After we saw we were basicaly going to be crushed the Game related material dried up and only the spam threads remained. Overall I dont feel the spam ever realy hampered out ability to play, though it ofcorse wasted lots of time, as long as its the spamers time and no one else that gets wasted I dont realy mind too much.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

It really depends on what is the definition of spam. I'd catagorize the posts in this game into the three groups: game play related, role play related, and spam. And there were high quality spams such as posts that build up the understanding between teamates ("Engima this is not the way you should treat your teamates", etc. ), and low grade spams ("I'm still Morgan", etc. ).

Using this catagrizing method I estimate in the Hive:

HongHu 30% GP 35% RP 30% GS 10% BS
        Jamski 10% GP 35% RP 45% GS 10% BS
        Kody 75% GP 20% RP 5% GS
        Vev 5% GP 50% RP 30% GS 15% BS
        Voltaire 15% GP 60% RP 20% GS 5% BS
        Mead 50% GP 45% RP 5% GS
        Rubin 90% GP 10% RP
        The rest of the team 10% GP 50% RP 25% GS 15% BS

Yes there are lots of roleplay and spams in the Hive. Spam is our life.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
          Cycon had the highest number of Posts per thread
          Always the most efficient.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

But the Hive has the longest thread.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Yes. There is huge number of threads with less of 10 posts in Hive.
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I see that you were created threads for each turn, thats likly why your Per thread count is lower, we had an efficient set of Departments such as Interior, Diplomacy, Military, Science and ones for particular Projects "Getting the PEG", "Planetary Counsil", "Peace with PEACE". A very efficient method, new threads were created very rarly so almost all relavent threads and posts were on the first page.

Our longest threads were the game Play ones, I am suspecting Hives longest threads were Spam threads.
                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Our longest thread is the hello thread. Shows how friendly we Hivers are, really.

We used to have a turn play thread, it was abandoned and separate turn threads for each turn were created. I honestly don't know why. I think maybe the turn player was hoping this way people can more easily realize that there was a new turn and thus would look at it. Not very successful though from the look of it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

So many memories, I now remember why this game is so fun.

Hmm, I might join the ACDG III from the looks of it.
                    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

• Only 20 % of my CyCon posts ? All in all a fairly low number. Seems like I did spent a lot of usefull time on the forum then...
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                      X