Choppers in the next ACDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choppers in the next ACDG

This thread is a companion poll to the poll about modifications to the next ACDG.

Assuming that CMN changes only are to be used in the next ACDG, there is a proposal to prevent choppers being the uber-weapon. As Googlie thus stated:
    Add a self-imposed rule that choppers can never attack bases, only units in the open, and we've solved the chopper problem as well as forced teams to think "outside the box" on new military strategies

As with the previous poll, you must state what you voted for in this thread for your vote to be counted. Only posted votes count. The poll is included a quick indication of the current status of this poll. If the "CMN changes only" option does not win in the poll linked to above, this poll is void.

The options are:
  • Allow all chopper attacks: Choppers can attack bases as well as units in the open.
  • No base attacks: Coppers can not attack units in a base.
  • Xenodoughnuts: The obligatory banana option.

Happy voting!
Allow all chopper attacks
28.57%
No base attacks
57.14%
Xenodoughnuts
14.29%
I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

I vote for the no-base attack option. This way new tactics may be used rather than just rushing to choppers and building only them and some drop units.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

No base attacks sounds good. It limits the choppers power, whilst keeping them useful as a unit. It also requires no extra fiddling on anyones part.
      Play hangman.

Comment

I voted allow all attacks, but if this is the only way to stop the modders complaing, let's do it.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Xenodoughnuts are not the same as xenobananas, meaning that there is no obligatory xenobanana option.

On topic: Anything that starts this game is good.
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

That would be a vote for xeno then?

Comment

I do not like xenodoughnuts.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I hate to make this poll more complicated but I have to ask:
                Does this poll assume or not assume that only SAM choppers will be allowed before Fusion Power is researched?
                If only SAM choppers would be allowed pre-Fusion, I'd vote for "All attacks allowed".
                If the proposal about SAM choppers is not accepted, I'd vote for "No base attacks allowed."
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

That proposal came after this poll, so I guess voting how you did works fine.

Comment

I'm voting with my faction leader in this case.
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Is this another faulty poll

Comment

No base attacks.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

No base attacks (under the presumption that the early choppers are tactical).
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I vote:

1) No base attacks with any reactor

2) Choppers either SAM or conventional - with any reactor - can always attack units in the open (SAM incurs the 50% penalty, of course)

Comment

I'm with Maniac on this one:
                              If only SAM choppers would be allowed pre-Fusion, I'd vote for "All attacks allowed".
                              If the proposal about SAM choppers is not accepted, I'd vote for "No base attacks allowed."
                              "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

• Working...
                                X