No announcement yet.

Poll: Fate of the Empath Guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say that tass is making a h**l of senses here.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
      You guys

Can't we just use the same rules that we're used to from PBEMs? They're judged ok for competitive play normally, without having to mod anything.

-Jam
      Alrighty then. With Googlie's suggestion of disabling the Crossfire SPs, all we need do then is disable the EG, a common PBEM rule. I see nothing here that contradicts the rules for SMAC PBEMs, with the few differences that the Angels and Crossfire weaponry/improvements are available.

Maniac - the EG is far more likely to be built by the largest faction, or by an alliance of larger factions. This would put the Governorship compeletly out of reach of the other factions. The powerful get MORE powerful, and not even necessarily due to superior tactics - just a bit of starting luck can do that. If a lesser faction gets it, then that is less disruptive to the competition, but still in one easy swoop elevates that faction up beyond the reach of most others. In PBEMs information on your opponents is king. The faction with instant free infiltration data without having to deal with messy Probe assaults has a HUGE advantage.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Well, we don't even need to disable it. We can always just decide that we don't allow it to be built.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Well, we don't even need to disable it. We can always just decide that we don't allow it to be built.

-Jam
          True, either works. It shouldn't matter too much how we prevent its use, only that it is done so.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I see most are pro-no changing.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Had to bote bananna... I say we either disable it completely or leave it alone...
              ---
              Shiny

Comment

Yeah, just if we don't actually disable it, then the AI could build it.

a) This gives the AI another boost.
                b) We can capture it off the AI, but that makes it a REALLY expensive SP

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The AI actually -builds- stuff in this game?
                  oh, and by the way...
                  1000th post!

Comment

Congrats King Enigma!

Youngsters grow up so quick these days. Must be some problems in the fourth dimension ...
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Yes, it gives interdimensional personality fluctuations to most of those growing up...

Oh, and congrats as well.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Enigma: Are you sure the powers that be didn't chop up your posts into manageable segments to achieve the Bi9 1V1

But Congrats even so.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

You guys

Can't we just use the same rules that we're used to from PBEMs? They're judged ok for competitive play normally, without having to mod anything.

-Jam
                          I agree with Jam

Comment

Voted disable, I just trust the more experienced PBEM guys that it may well be gross unbalancing...

Comment

Working...
                            X