Still interested in a new ACDG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still interested in a new ACDG?

Discussion about the organization of a next ACDG has more or less fallen silent. Therefore I'm wondering, is there still sufficient interest for a new ACDG?
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    12.50%
    [img]http://central.masterzen.net/html/emoticons/banana.gif[/img]
    12.50%
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Of course we are!! What kind of question is this?
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
      Of course we are!! What kind of question is this?
      A question for +1's of course!

We Morganites have more or less moved most of our discussion to our private forum, and I presume that most of the other teams have done similar things, which of course reduces discussion here. Interest remains high though.

C
      Play hangman.

Comment

There may still be discussions within teams, but there's nothing happening for the general ACDG organization and rules, etc.

Comment

That may be true, but what's left to discuss? I think we all got bored of polls not long ago....
          Play hangman.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunk
            That may be true, but what's left to discuss?
            Game rules, AI opponents, possible alphax.txt modifications, who will be the game moderator, etcetera.

Comment

Keep in mind we still have PLENTY of time to figure that stuff out, Cycon is going to fight to the bitter end and I think we can expect atleast another month or 2 on this current game.
              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Then make polls dear Maniac!

The way I see it though, most of us were more than happy with the rules from the current demo game, with the exception of the addition of "No perma pacts". AI opponents should be chosen by the CMN as to give the best opponents possible. There was sufficient opposition to alphax.txt modifications to automatically reject all but the simplest of changes (Googlie's probe cruiser for example).

The moderator isn't something we can decide on (at least not in any final sence). We could come up with a list of candidates and then approach people, but they must be willing in the first place.

C
                Play hangman.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                  Keep in mind we still have PLENTY of time to figure that stuff out, Cycon is going to fight to the bitter end and I think we can expect atleast another month or 2 on this current game.
                  Okay, you're right. Let's wait a few more months.
                  Last edited by Maniac; May 7, 2004, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunk
                    Then make polls dear Maniac!
                    During the organization of the ACPSG few were willing to do the necessary things to get things started. I did so then, but the game never reached sufficient activity level. So I don't want to waste lots of time a second time. If the only way a next ACDG can get started, is by me having to post all the polls, then I think we should call off a following ACDG. Already now no one is willing to even post a few simple polls, so you're again gonna get situations like PUT this demo game, where factions have too little active participants to continue.

Comment

I've taken a different approach to fixing that kind of activity problem.

Comment

absolutely, we have moved all intra-faction discussion to our own board.

Comment

I say lets all vote banana
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

By the way, I have confirmed myself as a Morgan, I believe, just about every day this week.

So Im still a go for a banana
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I think we should just end this ACDG because, despite what people in this poll may say, interest is probably sliipping.
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X