Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darsnan as game creator for the next ACDG?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darsnan as game creator for the next ACDG?

Here:
    btw I know that my name has been mentioned for setting up the next ACDG game, and am wondering if this has been decided or not yet. np either way, but if it has been decided, then if it can be posted accordingly, then I can either move on to other projects or take a more active roll in how the game is being set up.
    I think Darsnan is offering himself to be the creator of the next ACDG. Therefore this poll, as he wants to know if he should move on to other projects or not.

Googlie says though Darsnan would be interested in joining the Gaians, so possibly this poll is pointless. Hopefully Darsnan will give clarity soon, but in the meanwhile I thought I'd already start this poll to bring some progress to the ACDG setting up, just in case he wants to be the game creator.
    Darsnan as game creator!
    66.67%
    Darsnan NOT as game creator!
    9.52%
    I'm Darsnan and I'm NOT going to be the game creator(
    0.00%
    I'm a banana!
    23.81%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Guess my vote.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan
      Darsnan is interested in creating this game, however HongHu has been hounding me mercilessly to join the Gaians (if she is like this in RL, then I pity her husband..... ). But I cannot simply drop the original responsibility I have signed up for, which is to create this game. And I definately do not think it is fair for Googlie to drop out of the Morganites just so I can join up.

D
      Darsnan has given clarity.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I voted for the xeno banana

I did originally sign up to create this game, and by that responsibility I will stand. If someone else steps forward to create the game, then I will enlist into the Gaians, but more as a consultant, not as an RP'er. FYI.

D

Comment

I actually don't mind not being an active player - they have a long list of signed up players already.

As I said elsewhere, being the Creator/CMN wouldn't debar me from setting up the Morgan Share Registry, Base Managers' Incentive Plan etc provided that I didn't contribute to the Morgan Industries strategy development or bases' objectives setting, and stuck to just building and maintaining the tracking mechanism

But in response to a suggestion elsewhere, I've e-mailed Buster to see if he'd be interested in setting up the game (as he hasn't indicated any interest in being a player participant)

Comment

I'm happy with Darsnan, Googlie or Buster. You all make good maps

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

i am ok with anyone...as long as they make some room for bunnies on the map
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

/me shrugs..

It all depends on what Darsnan wants to do.
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I think buster doing it is a good idea if he's up for it. That way Darsnan and Googlie can participate as much as they like. But any of them will do a great job, I'm sure.
                  "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Originally posted by jtsisyoda
                    I think buster doing it is a good idea if he's up for it. That way Darsnan and Googlie can participate
                    And the one really neat aspect here would be that it would be the very first time Darsnan and Googlie actually squared off against one another. Considering Googlie and I have been mentally fencing back and forth in the last few weeks over Meta Subjects, why there could be some really interesting fireworks here in the next ACDG if we are both in this game.....

D

Comment

Hey - I'm a crappy player. I suffer from the "I want everyone to have fun" syndrome., so in PBEMs I usually end up gifting my techs to the weaker players to help them along, or paying outlandish energy credits for obsolete techs ........... and so on.

Wait a minute, though - that implies that I have techs to throw around - and energy credits to spare - that can't be right

(And I guess, as Morgan, that I'll have no need for my ever-present gas mask. We can't afford to lose the commerce income)

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                        Hey - I'm a crappy player. I suffer from the "I want everyone to have fun" syndrome.
                        That, in my opinion, is an excellent way to play.
                        Trithemius
                        ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

I agree with many here that Googlie, Darsnan and buster are all excellent candidates for the game creator. I would love to have buster to do it this time, if he feels like. And I would love to have Googlie and Darsnan in the game, especially since they haven't been in the current ACDG.
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

That's about all I can say about that... no matter where it goes, I agree with HH.
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                              Thus extra colony pods, extra scouts, maybe 2 or 3 formers - then give the formers something to do by supplying terrain squares that can be worked such as mineral, nuts and rivers
                              Just like to make two points here. First, there won't be any Formers given to any Faction at the start of the next game. Second, what the heck does this conversation have to do with me being CMN for the next ACDG (which is the title for this thread!), especially since I am playing Gaian in the next ACDG?
                              Close this thread and start a new one for your debate!

D

Comment

Working...
                              X