Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The great underappreciated gods (Googlie and Tass)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, concentrate on the topic will you?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

We all said thanks, now we can get back to bickering about how badly the Drones suck

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Lord Tass
        GooglieGod
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

oh crap is it butt kissing time again?

googlie
          tass

but seriously great work so far on this demo game
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Most appreciated work you do. Grateful the Hive is. Thanking you, I want.

May the Force be with you.
            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
            Let me eat your yummy brain!
            "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
              Most appreciated work you do. Grateful the Hive is. Thanking you, I want.

May the Force be with you.
              I see that 3D has made at least one convert...
              (In the Wise Man column, people...)
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yes! Our secret plan to turn the tide of war is working! If only get Voltaire and Buster to read it once again....
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Sometimes the most important people get the least reconigition and I feel that applies to both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                    Please, concentrate on the topic will you?
                    I guess you have a duty of care, considering you took the thread off-topic in the first place.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Me?!!! That can't be true.
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

As Nick Faldo once said:

"Aw, shucks, guys ........... I thank you from the heart of my bottom"

Seriously - kudo's are OK. Thanks. (But I'd set it up differently were I doing it again)

And, off topic (or on another topic) there are enough single players who could/would enjoy "playing the AI" in another SPDG - Buster and I have already said we'd be interested - so that's a possible alternative to beefing up the AI

G.

Comment

If you and Buster are playing, we'd better handicap the AI...

If we're not playing another MPDG, I might be interested. As an "AI-player" I wouldn't be trying to win, just to hamper the DG faction, right?

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

We would need to be carfull.

We cant simply declare that the Democracy Faction is going to be alowed to win the game from the start, that would be even less of a challenge then an AI.

On the other hand we cant let all 6 oposing factions dog pile the Democracy Faction as that would be hopeless.

We need some kind of middle gound in which all the Factions are out to win in a FreeForAll and can do all the normal things you would expect in a PBEM game of humans.

My susgjestion is to be guided by Social Enginering and Role Playing as much as possible, think "What would Morgan do?" well that all depends on your social enginering and past interactions. If the players stay loyal to thouse things then it will be a fair fight. Everyone will be looking out for themselves and trying their best to win or atleast come out as high in the pack as possible. Then we have a good challenging game.
                            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                              My susgjestion is to be guided by Social Enginering and Role Playing as much as possible, think "What would Morgan do?" well that all depends on your social enginering and past interactions. If the players stay loyal to thouse things then it will be a fair fight. Everyone will be looking out for themselves and trying their best to win or atleast come out as high in the pack as possible. Then we have a good challenging game.
                              I agree. If, for example, I were playing as Dee, and Buster as Morgan, then as soon as he chose an SE that was my "aversion" I would be role-playing bound to declare vendetta. (And PK's with Hive, and so on) And I could only pact with those who had similar value sets compatible with mine.

But that should include the DG faction as well. If they chose an SE at odds with mine, then I declare vendetta, and so on.

But an interesting degree of "randomness" could be introduced by having, for example, the SPDG faction, 3 human-controlled single player factions, and 3 AI factions set up as a master/2submissive arrangement. With a wily CMN such as Darsnan it could be made quite a challenge for all players

G.

Comment

Let's get back on topic
                                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                                X