X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Call to Arms Part 3

Reasons to Band with CPU and go against the Drones:
    * This is a Democracy game. It is all about interacting with other players both in your own team and with other teams in the game. To let a player who runs his faction as a PBEM win is just wrong.
    * Honour. How much do you get if you pick on someone only when you have the support of the largest faction in the game? A faction that could arguably hold its own against the combined forces of every other faction. None, I hear you say? Correct.
    * A win that will earn the Hive respect. The Hive wants to win the game, yes. But there is no glory in winning by "being picked by Buster" as the faction he wanted to coop-win with.
    * Making an interesting game. Remove CPU and this game will be very dull indeed - not just for CPU players but for everyone who isn't Buster. Victory won't be assured, but if achieved will be all the sweeter.
    * Roleplaying. Our active roleplaying will suddenly and almost totally be removed should we cease to exist.

Reasons for the Hive to attack CPU instead:
    * You win a coop with Buster, assuming he allows you to remain in the game.
    * You don't put yourself at much risk by warring against a faction facing this sudden onslaught.

Tass: Don't close this thread. This could very well decide the fate of the rest of this ACDG, and while tempers may get aroused slightly this is a conversation that needs to take place.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

This issue has already been settled. The Hive will not be backstabbing the Drones.

+1
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Hi Arnelos.

Was there some similar sort of drama in the PTWDG?
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

So, when does the new ACDG start?

How many people still want to continue with this one?

Comment

Most likely soon then.
          I plan on staying and fighting. Let us kill those trecherous Hivers!

I guess Tass can close this thread then. :shrug:
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

So, when does the new ACDG start?
            Soon, I hope. I need my daily ACDG fix to keep going.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

yeah it is to bad that the HIVEthe drones and ofcourse PEACE will be destroyed now...the game was pretty funny to see everyone be as good as us
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I'd really like that to be true DBTS, but I'm not sure it will work out like that.

But ideally the CPU would now kick the Hive's arse

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

nah we will leave the hive for last... first we will take out the drones and then of course the believers...and keep the best butt kicking for last
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I like the Drones. I am a drone.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

We must unite against the tyrants. Viribus Unitis.
                      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Its too late The Tyrants have united against you.

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                          This issue has already been settled. The Hive will not be backstabbing the Drones.

+1
                          Thank you.
                          You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

I would like to state that the Hive and the Drone have been in peaceful co-operation for at least 30 turns and this invasion was planned together that far back. The Hive or the Drone can hardly be said to be a superpower that time, with both lagging behind in technology.
                            Promoter of Public Morale
                            Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

I like Vev's use of "Drone" (singular)

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                              X