This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kody
    I think I'm not allowed to help the hive anymore. I've also decided that I can't look in any forums I didn't originally have access to just in case something slips while I chat. As for what you've pointed out I've posted in your embassy, notice it's really just useless crap.
    That is true, and thank you for alaying my fears

Originally posted by Kody
    As for this issue, well it's been bugging me every since I've that little threat I got. For the public record it was a minor threat since we both knew he couldn't back it up. I hope that by bringing this up, whatever the truth actually is, it can have an effect.

So if my fears are unfounded then all I am is embrasssed. If my fears are founded them perhaps people will be more careful in the case where they haven't realised what they've been doing. In the case where they do know then hopefully guilt will stop them from further pursuing that path.
    IMHO, from what I know, your fears are unfounded. But I will look into the coversation to check. If there was pressure, or a threat, I am assured it was unintentional.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I am sorry that I have not dropped in sooner. Kody had not been given the Hive any information as far as I know. I would like to make this clear so nobody was under the false impression.

Secondly, I would like to second Kody's concern. Simply because Kody left the team it doesn't make it ok to try to extract Hive related information from him. Also we are aware that certain Hive member(s) has been communicating with other teams (CyCons in this case) and giving them team related information. Some of the info are ture and should have stayed confidential, others are simply discussions or proposals that are not even decided within the team. I personally feel that this is not a good thing to encourage.

While I agree with Drogue that personal friends should not be asked to stop chatting with each other, I have to agree with Kody's disagreement to the belief that are shared by some of us that it is ok to obtain information anyway you can. Yes sometimes somebody may feel like boasting say when an SP was completed, however there is a difference in the attitude of the receiver side of such information. Before Tass became a god when he told Voltaire that he had the password of one of the team, Voltaire said "don't attempt me with information that is obtained illegally." I feel this should be the attitude that we encourage.

If we truly are thinking about this logically, we will realize that the short term gain of obtaining information may not be as great as the long term loss of losing trust and basis for better relationship between the two teams.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Simply because Kody left the team it doesn't make it ok to try to extract Hive related information from him.
          No that's not the main reason, although he asked how I thought the hive would do in I think the 2nd conversation or maybe it was the 4th conversation (there were multiple conversations as I was waiting to see where he was going). Anyway for the record it wasn't anything like trying to extract information after I had left the Hive.

Rather I think he was trying to get "Forced Impartiality" one way or another, he never directly said it so I had to figure it out afterwards. I believe he was just manveouring to make sure I wouldn't talk to any hive members ever again. Just the way he went about it wasn't very gentlemanly.

No rules were broken with that, although it was enough to pause my departure from the ACDG.

Comment

Honghu,

I appreciate your support, but don't want this to cause diplomatic problems. You are a high profile diplomat after all. The reason why I never made this thread while I was still in the hive.

So may be a good idea to end the discussion while people aren't upset?

Comment

Working...
            X