Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Data Download (3D) - Issue 5

The Trial of PEACE

ATTENTION - level 10 Priority Declaration of the Cybernetic Conciousness.

As of day 249 of the Mission Year 2150 the Cybernetic Conciousness is formally and officially in a state of Vendetta with the conglomeration of people known as the Pirates Expeditionary Armada and Chironian Explorers aka PEACE.

Pre-emptive military action has been commenced upon the bases of said faction. Cybernetic algorithms predict a 93.74% probability of victory over PEACE defensive forces.

The Consciousness wishes to make its intentions, reasons and aims clear to the neutral factions so as to aid future diplomatic engagements. In accordance with this policy the Consciousness formally charges PEACE with the following crimes:

1 - Repeatedly and wantedly asking for sweeteners at the last minute of a trade - often near the end of our turn when they know we are about to post - threatening that said trade will not be conducted without the additional sweetener. Under Social Psych (Psi-2) Functions this is commonly known as the "Once-the-ball-is-rolling"-technique, which is of course ineffective when tried out on the Consciousness.

2 - Trying to hide from us for a long time they had met other factions such as PUT, while we were open about who we had contacted.

3 - During the Industrial Automation negotiations lying to us about the way they acquired Industrial Base, telling us they bought it from the Data Angels for 100 credits, while they really traded it with PUT in exchange for Doctrine: Mobility. On top of that they wanted us to pay them back the price they had supposedly paid to the Angels for Industrial Base...

4 - Accusing Drogue Beta-8 of being a hacker. While we do not deny being skilled at infiltrating data networks, we were not engaging in any such activities at the time.

5 - Driving hard bargains when it came to tech trading and commlink trades, beyond the point of reasonability. And then insulting us for being bad pactmates because we didn't like and accept their offers.

6 - In general abusing the good will of our ill-fated Pact, which we withdrew from due to their abuse.

7 - Construction of Party Boats aka probe foils in the bases of Alexandria and Tripoli, with the intention of infiltrating Cybernetic Datalinks.

8 - Piloting naval vessels while under the influence of an intoxicating substance (namely Xenorum).

9 - Having technologies which we don't have.

10 - Having rich and fertile yet weakly defended bases.

11 - Use of the words "Arrrrrg", "Matey" and "Shiver me timbers!".

12 - Having scurvy.

13 - Illegally downloading CyCon music and other intellectual properties over the Planetary Datalinks.

14 - Being a highly irrational and emotional set of Fullhumans who cling to emotions out of archaic evolutionary tendencies, in spite of the glorious example set by the Consciousness.

15 - Repeatedly breaking the 48 hour time limit and averaging almost 60 hours to play turns over the last 3 months.

When the preceding parameters are entered into Cybernetic algorithms the output is undeniably....

CASUS BELLI
    (though admittedly we don't have Ethical Calculus yet so we may have forgotten to carry the 3 over and the answer could in fact be 42)

Thus the Consciousness would appreciate if other factions remained neutral in this conflict, though we do encourage others to gift PEACE any technologies that we currently lack.

To PEACE we have sent this declaration of war:

WE ARE THE CONSCIOUSNESS
    PREPARE TO BE ASSIMILATED
    LOWER YOUR DEFENCES, AND SURRENDER YOUR SHIPS
    WE WILL ADD YOUR TECHNOLOGICAL AND FINANCIAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN
    YOUR LIFE, AS IT HAS BEEN, IS OVER
    FROM THIS TIME FORWARD YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE OURS
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Oh by the way, a Merry Christmas!

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Are we already in that stage that the planet is too small for all of us?

/me calls for a stop of the war before it brings any real damage to the world.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

8 - Piloting naval vessels while under the influence of an intoxicating substance (namely Xenorum).
      This is reason enough for war.

-Yoda, member of DADD (Drones against Drunk Driving)
      "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu

Are we already in that stage that the planet is too small for all of us?

* HongHu calls for a stop of the war before it brings any real damage to the world.
        PEACE ON PLANET!
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Or rather, PEACE off Planet
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I didn't do it...
              Join a Democracy Game today!
              | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Re: Digital Data Download (3D) - Issue 5

Originally posted by Maniac
                11 - Use of the words "Arrrrrg", "Matey" and "Shiver me timbers!".

12 - Having scurvy.
                you we declare war on people for having scurvy now?

Comment

As a part reason, yes. On it's own, not just for having scurvy, but in wantonly infecting CyCon agents members of the CyCon diplomatic entorage could classify.
                  Smile

Comment

Um..... Drouge

Scurvy is Vitamin C Deficiency, its not infectius
                    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Did they feed the CyCon horribly unhealthy food?

Comment

Smile

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                          Did they feed the CyCon horribly unhealthy food?
                          yeah, sure they did....that's a perfect excuse

Comment

Overload of implants detected....

issue 4.2 came after issue 5.0?

error...

sabotage...

emergency standby mode initiated....
                            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Err... it's due to a temporal anomaly. The latest issue 4.2 was written before issue 5, but due to a breach in the space-time continuum it was only released now. Yes... that must be it.
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                              X