Interfactional Debate: Topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interfactional Debate: Topics

It may well be a good idea to get a list of topics which to debate on so that we may get a better view of what everyone finds interesting. Given the fact that it is difficult to get into a debate if one is not passionate about the topic.

So essentially what I'm asking for in this thread is suggestions as to what topics (i.e. metaphysics, ontological empiricism, political theory, etc.) we should debate on.

On top of this it is also advised that the topic question should be broad enough to allow for a wide array of views. We want to avoid the classic 'capitalist vs. communist' style debates since not all of us fit into those categories (go mercantilism!!!).
    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

* Rovers are more fun to drive than needlejets

* People are born with their fundamental personality

* The predicted running out of fossil fuels be a disaster for our plastic dependant society

* Mindworms make tastier snacks than bunnies

* The CyCon's gorillas are better weapons of war than the Peace's psi-nuclear parrots

* The Hive's bees make sweeter honey than the Drone's bees

* The border between spam and on topic posts should be classified by intention

* A god is defined by who worships him

Comment

• Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll, and their Interdependencies with Creativity and Morganic Recycling Technology.
      • The Impact of Spam on Monastic Life among the Believers: IndianPoker Sect.
      • Success and Self Mutilation: Three case studies.
      • Cross breeding between Beserker Mech Warriors and Alpha Centauri Native Life.
      • The Stock Market in Game Turn Time Credits (allowing extra time for turns).
      • How I learned to stop worrying and love the ____
      Last edited by johndmuller; September 15, 2003, 04:13.

Comment

* Actions of the Capitalist Empire under Boosh - An Analysis
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

* inbreeding should be used to remove recessive genetic flaws from gene pools

Comment

* What is more important, eternal youth, happiness, love, or vast riches.

* A spammer is made of somebody who has eternal inexorable thirsty for something other than spamming.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Do we want serious topics, such as the case for and against the death penalty. I suggest we avoid extremely serious topics such as situation in the middle east.
              (leave that to the OTF).
              Or lighter, and in my view much more fun, topics such the 'sweeter' honey topic or the age that old scouts should be recycled. However the fun topics may not bring out the passionate arguments.

Also there should be some rules of debate: such as length or max size single post. Some image attachments, while great fun, can clog up the loading of the thread so should be restricted in size.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

* IDC: Fun topics or Serious Topics?
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

* Is there a United States Hegemony in the world?
                  * Is it ok to have a sole superpower? Were we better off with two?
                  * Where are my pants? (For those of the spanish line: ¿Dondé esta mís pantalones?)
                  *Nukes & deterrance: Good or bad?
                  *The Middle East: Who came first and does it matter?
                  *(US Geography) There is the West, and the East, and the Mid West, so where is the Mid East?
                  She cheats her lover of his due
                  but still contrives to keep him tied
                  by first deciding to refuse
                  and then refusing to decide

Comment

I can see how choosing a topic is a tricky issue. What I like is someone collecting all the topics and producing a short list of 5 topics from which people can vote upon.

Hopefully the first topic will be of a lighter nature.
                    Promoter of Public Morale
                    Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Who decides which topic makes the first round of selection to be included in the poll?
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

All of them made it into the poll. Even the ones that wouldn't quite fit in as a debating topic.

Go here

Comment

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. I thought for a moment that there was only going to be 5 in the poll.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                          X