The nature of this democracy game -- discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Static Universe
    I'd like Googlie to confirm this statement when he returns, simply in the interests of determining whether the Drones are roleplaying this game or not.
    I can confirm that 2 Drone Newspaper issues have been published to date in their private forum

I'd go further and say that as far as I can see they are RP'ing as the Drones insofar as. like the other factions, the same questions are being asked and answered, such as (paraphrasing):

What should our SE, research and build choices be to maximize our Drone advantages and minimize our disadvantages

What's going to be our strategy towards the other (human and non human) factions - who are "natural" allies and likely antagonists

And it isn't a Buster dictatorship - moves are made and build orders etc agreed upon only after full discussion by all faction members (in fact, it's set up in their forum with a separate thread for each year, with the map and base display graphics from the end of the previous turn heading each thread. Extremely well organized - but one would expect no less from the Drones, after all ....... )

These seem to be common threads in all the factions' internal discussions (maybe not in these selfsame words), but indicative of real Role-Playing

G.
    Last edited by Googlie; June 16, 2003, 18:58.

Comment

Googlie's back!
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

LOL - have just been reading of my ban (of which I was unaware as I was out of town and internet-inaccessable)

GGLIE

Comment

I don't think we can expect to see many public-forum signs of roleplaying yet at this point in the game, unless newspapers are published... which last I checked was not a requirement of this game. I look forward to when we get some interfactional issues
          Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
          Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
          The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Easy up guys....it's just a game.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

LOL - have just been reading of my ban (of which I was unaware as I was out of town and internet-inaccessable)

GGLIE
              I was in a similar situation - I never had a clue I was banned either, as it wore off before I got my internet back.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

I can confirm that 2 Drone Newspaper issues have been published to date in their private forum

These seem to be common threads in all the factions' internal discussions (maybe not in these selfsame words), but indicative of real Role-Playing

G.
                Thanks, GooglieGod.

I hereby take back my comments.
                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
                X