No announcement yet.

The nature of this democracy game -- discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume that after the Hive is eradicated, its members will no longer be eligible to vote in the polls here.

Comment

rokossovky...i dont speak for my faction, but i can see you starting to alienate everyone on planet...
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

jamski, youre setting up the hive for more enemies than youll be able ot handle
        I'm speaking MY opinion, not the HIVE'S opinion. The Hive doesn't have a group opinion on these issues ATM, and you are the only one saying so. Stop trying to make trouble please.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Look, I said #2, Rokossovky said #1. Point made - now drop it, Mongoose.

Oh, and an apology to HongHu is probably in order... but *shrugs* not my business.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

I don't think I will drop it, thank you. So long as you continue to excercise your democratic right to poll on the inane, I shall excercise mine to draw attention to that fact by comments as ascerbic as I can manage.

As to the issue at hand, do you support the position that a player's right to vote in polls survives the demise of that player's faction? I should think not!

There will be redress on the battlefield for political decisions taken that displease...as there always has been.

Fair warning given.

Comment

jamski, the fact that that your fellow hive members havent come out and told you to knock it off makes me believe they support your actions.

how about this...you dont make any more polls for the next 50 turns and i wont ride your ass on it?
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

/me laughs out loud and wonders why Mongoose joined a democracy game if he's going to complain about the democracy part of it *

-Jam

Comment

jamski, the fact that that your fellow hive members havent come out and told you to knock it off makes me believe they support your actions.

how about this...you dont make any more polls for the next 50 turns and i wont ride your ass on it?
                  This is killing me

Why in the name of GooglieGod would my team-mates tell me not to make polls? If you must know... the idea for these latest polls came from a member of the CyCon. Look also at what the other Hive members posting in this thread have written. The opinions are divided. Look Mongoose, I realise you're making a point in a humourous way (and trying to wind me up a bit too? ) but in the meal of a democracy game, polls are the starter, spam is the main course and polls again for dessert. That's the tasty meal we all love to eat

I tell you what, I won't make anymore polls today - that's reasonable

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

It's pretty obvious to everyone that Mongoose and buster are pretty much playing the turns for the Drones alone. Why don't you stop hiding behind them and sneaking out to occasionally pitch your little fits?

And for the Drones to complain about being a minority is just bull****. They were allowed into the game in the first place under the idea that they would be small faction, just a few select members as a training exercise. Now they want to force everyone down the "one faction, one vote" road for every proposal, some of which deal with things completely out of game play.

The reality of the Drones is that it is being played with an absolute minimum of interation with it's members, while the other factions are into the roleplay aspects both within the private forums and the main forums. If they wanted to play a PBEM with no interaction, then they should have joined a PBEM game and instant messaged their plans.

And there is no "Hive" position on meta-game issues, nor will there ever be.
                    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

There IS a Hive position on meta-game issues, and that's that we don't have a factional position.

-Jam

Comment

ok static, whatever you want to believe...just confirming what i thought about the hive

Comment

SU, that's a load of stinky manure, pal. I would accuse you of snooping in our discussions, but the fact that you are so far off the truth of the matter proves your innocence.

Comment

/me watches as the tension-o-meter slowly, or not so slowly, approaches the "mass nervestapling" zone.

Comment

And for the Drones to complain about being a minority is just bull****.
                              For anyone to complain about being a minority is stupid. Just play better than the other teams.
                              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

#2 is the way I expect the game to be played - at least insofar as it means: "If your faction is friendy and helpful to my faction, cool - if not, Walk the Plank (of course, we had voted to make your faction walk the plank unless you were nice and helpful - Oh, you missed that poll, too bad)."

OTOH, in the variation where it means that we all agree in advance (and follow through) to adhere to the results of any referendums, that might be interesting too, but Fat Chance of that happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X