Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polls - One head one vote vs one faction one vote (faction leader only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is my personal view that these decisions on rules are not up to us any longer. As soon as we started the game, that duty passed to our CMN.

Furthermore, most of my faction would seem to be on Academic Leave at this time.

Thus, the only course of action I can undertake with any certainty is to deadlock the results by publically abstaining from the vote.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

I shall edit the results thread to show your descision.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
        This is all a bit of a mess really but it does require discussion. For instance who has the authority to call an official poll except Googlie I suppose.

In my view to have an official poll in the general forum should require some sort of formula. It could be the assent of a majority of the human factions: it could be the over 50% of the planetary council vote of human factions which would reflect power and growth and a lot of Rp and diplomacy.

In deciding if there is to be an official poll it could also be decided if the particular poll is based on: 1 person 1 vote; 1 faction 1 vote, planetary council faction vote.
        This sounds like quite a good idea to me. We need to channel these ideas through a single arbiter.

Perhaps we need a council composed of a member of each faction to act as a draft for proposals. No request will be denied, but factions can say why they are for it or against. Then we can submit the proposal to Googlie for ratification or changes. Then it will become an "OFFICIAL" poll.

Since the factions have yet to meet in game, for the time being it will be mostly meta-game issues.
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Seconded - we could call it the "Interfactional Talking Shop"

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Sorry for the belated final recount

Recount:
            1 PERSON 1 vote..........2 (CyCon, Hive)
            1 FACTION, 1 vote........2 (Drones, PEACE)
            Write in........................0
            XenoBanana.................1 (University)

Votes taken out:
            1 Person 1 vote .........1 (Comrade Static Universe)
            1 Faction 1 vote .........2 (Professor Eli, anonymous)
            Write in .....................0
            XenoBanaba ..............3 (Comrade Tassadar5000, Comrade Caveman who loves polls, Comrade HongHu)

This add up to:
            1 PERSON 1 vote..........3
            1 FACTION, 1 vote........4
            Write in........................0
            XenoBanana.................4

With the caveat that CyCon's position is 1 person 1 vote if out of roleplaying but 1 faction 1 vote if in rollplaying.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
            X