Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polls - One head one vote vs one faction one vote (faction leader only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls - One head one vote vs one faction one vote (faction leader only)

This poll is for faction leaders only. Each faction please sign below after you vote so we know which faction has voted and which has not. If you are not a faction leader, please go to the other poll to vote.
    one person, one vote
    27.27%
    one faction, one vote
    36.36%
    write in
    0.00%
    xenobanana
    36.36%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Snowflake; June 12, 2003, 01:20.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Depends what it's for. If it's interfactional relations, one faction, one vote. For everything else, one person, one vote. That's how I voted.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Since I dont want to have to click that thing so I can view the results of the poll, I voted XENOBANANA.

So just take away 1 vote from that
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I don't know what you mean by interfactional relations

For example. War us likely between A and B. B hits demand withdrawal and all A's units get turfed from thie hidden positions ( based on an AI decision).

I have not seen this addressed in our rules ( forgive me if it is) but "demand withdrawal" is commonly forbidden in PBEM games. A cries foul while B points out that there is no rule against the use of the game feature.

Would this be interfactional ? Everything else? Even with no formal bloc voting you could see a difference of opinion forming along factional lines.

If the same issue is raised 5 turns earlier ( maybe when A is planning their units positioning) but with no factional dispute, is it interfactional then?

All that said, people seem to be all bothered by this issue. In a normal PBEM the rules are agreed by the players ahead of time and if anything else comes up, the moderator ( Googlie here) decides.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Oops, I accidently voted for "one person, one vote". Didn't read the rules.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
            I have not seen this addressed in our rules ( forgive me if it is) but "demand withdrawal" is commonly forbidden in PBEM games. A cries foul while B points out that there is no rule against the use of the game feature.
            I vaguely remember reading about this somewhere so I did a search. Would this count?

All that said, people seem to be all bothered by this issue. In a normal PBEM the rules are agreed by the players ahead of time and if anything else comes up, the moderator ( Googlie here) decides.
            Agree, agree, agree!!! Hopefully everybody will eventually come to this conclusion as you and I already did.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Static Universe
              Oops, I accidently voted for "one person, one vote". Didn't read the rules.
              No wonder they call us "poll-lovers". Now we got two votes to be taken out.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

It seems advisable for the faction leaders to cast their votes in the form of a post, in addition to via the polling mechanism - In other words each faction leader posts their factions vote so everyone can see it (that was what I had in mind when I talked about roll-call votes in my other proposal). If you want secret ballots, then we would have to e-mail Googlie and he would authenticate/post the results (assuming he has the time/inclination to serve in that capacity - it doesn't sound like much, but if he had to chase people down it could be a PIA).

This way, everyone can see who voted for what, and extraneous or accidental votes (like by Static Universe above) will not affect the outcome. The pollster could leave the choices out of the poll (just some stand-ins or whatever keeps the poll mechanism happy - actually it could just be a regular thread too) to avoid muddying the waters if the listed result differs from the actual faction leader postings. Perhaps some editing of this poll is possible to remove the confusion already introduced.

Comment

one person, one vote
                  You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Originally posted by johndmuller
                    It seems advisable for the faction leaders to cast their votes in the form of a post, in addition to via the polling mechanism - In other words each faction leader posts their factions vote so everyone can see it.
                    That's why I asked in the introduction post that each faction sign after vote.
                    Originally posted by HongHu
                    Each faction please sign below after you vote so we know which faction has voted and which has not. If you are not a faction leader, please go to the other poll to vote.
                    Perhaps some editing of this poll is possible to remove the confusion already introduced.
                    Who is the moderator of this board? Your presence is urgently requested!

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Recount so far: 2 factions voted one person one vote. (Thank you Comrade Chairman for your great support of my humble unofficial poll. And Prime Function you are always so logical and unemotional. ) 3 factions have not voted.

Pirates friends, my information source says that Captain Hercules is planning to visit China in a few days. Please make sure the great Captain's presence so that your faction is appropriately represented.

To friends in the other two factions, this poll is not going to be closed very soon so you still have more than 24 hours if you want to sleep for a while. You faction will not be disadvantaged as long as the sleep does not last too much over 48 hours.

One final question: what if we have 2 votes vs 2 votes with the last faction do not vote? This situation will be unlikely in a one head one vote system but quite possible in a one faction one vote system.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                        Recount so far: 2 factions voted one person one vote.
                        Partially accurate. The cyborg indicated in his post that he was voting for one faction-one vote for interfactional relations. While I have a sense, I am not quite sure what that means.
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

and honghu

your link was to rules that were set up for a certain challenge. I was not certain that there was an explicit decision to follow that set as I believe our rules deviate from them somewhat. Do we follow the linked set of rules except where we explicitly say otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                            Depends what it's for. If it's interfactional relations, one faction, one vote. For everything else, one person, one vote. That's how I voted.
                            I would have thought that this meant a vote for 'one faction - one vote', how much more interfactional can it get?

Literally, it would seem to be a vote for 'none-of-the-above'.

Comment

Originally posted by johndmuller

I would have thought that this meant a vote for 'one faction - one vote', how much more interfactional can it get?

Literally, it would seem to be a vote for 'none-of-the-above'.
                              I just did a re-count, not a re-interpretation. (Perhaps we will need Prime Function himself for the latter task.) I took off two votes that are obviously not from any faction leaders. Sadly after many re-counts, I still didn't find the vote for 'one faction - one vote' as you indicated that could be there.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X