No announcement yet.

Timely turn playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Googlie, if the queue is empty, the stockpile effect occurs automatically after the completion of a facility or SP, unless the queue has an entry after that completed item. In effect, upon completion, the game writes SE into the queue, if empty. If there is something queued behind a facility, the game does not write SE into the queue and the SE effect is foregone. JDM is correct to a great degree (first time I've ever admitted THAT!) using the queue as misdirection or as a memory aid has an economic cost in SE cash foregone.

Comment

Hmm - I just scenario tested about a dozen outcomes, and notwithstanding my old printouts of OWO posts by Bossman and CEO Bernard's testing to the contrary, can confirm the JDM/Mongoose understanding

(I wonder if this was something that was mistakenly introduced when the facilites' maintenance cost screwup was rectified in Alien Crossfire v 2.0?)

So - the findings corroborate JDM and Mongoose, and I shall henceforth cease pontificating on things I haven't personally tested:

stockpile energy in, or absent from, a build queue makes no difference when a facility or SP reaches production - in both instances that base's full stockpile energy equivalent is added to energy reserves (minus any maintenance costs for the facility just built)

Putting a unit or other facility or SP at the top of the Q results in the SE equivalent not being added to reserves (in fact, if a facility is completed, reserves drop by the amount of that first year's maintenance costs)

With a unit being produced - adding stockpile energy to the top of the Q ("top" is redundant, 'cos nothing can be added after stockpile energy anyway) results in the full energy equivalent being added to the reserves. Omitting stockpiling energy results in no additions to reserves

G.

Comment

Working...
      X