Timely Turn Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timely Turn Playing

It's now over 24 hours since PUT-2106 was hung on the turn posting thread.

Do we want a default whereby after 35 hors (or some such period) I play any recalcitrant faction's turn using the last decisions they made re moves?

G.

Yes, but I'd say 48 hours. 24 is good as a general rule, but sometimes for some reason it may go over. I'd gve them some leway.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Sounds fair, allows for timely turn playing without sacrificing too much for the offending factions.
      Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
      Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
      The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Archaic if he is the chief researcher posted recently that he was completing some important coursework ( we've been there) and all his game involvement was delayed.

I personally would give the PUT some latitude.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

IIRC GT plays the turns ATM.
          Smile

Comment

We both play the turns, but last night I had quite a lot of homework of my own. I'll play the turn as soon as I get some other stuff cleared up...

Comment

I'd go with Drogue, 48 hours, and I suggest that when that time expires Googlie simply opens the game and presses end turn, saves and sends it on. That should keep people moving, eh?

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                Googlie simply opens the game and presses end turn, saves and sends it on.
                -Jam
                That's a bit draconian - no?

Most of the factions have scoped out their moves in advance, subject to pod-popping fine tuning, so I'd suggets just "following orders"

Of course, your suggestion would really spur things on - nobody wants to lose that vital turn advantage

G.

Comment

Exactly, Googlie. If leaving the turn for you to play has no disadvantages, then teams might do it more often. Losing a turn's movement (but not the production, obviously) would be a moderately bad penalty, but not crippling.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Evil Hive (TM)
                    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

If there is a reason, as there usually is for us it seems, maybe that is a bit harsh. I mean, if one of us had an accident, or was taken ill, or was cut off, or something. Maybe after 36 hours the team is notified that someone else should play the turn, after 48 Googlie just plays it?
                      Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                        If there is a reason, as there usually is for us it seems, maybe that is a bit harsh. I mean, if one of us had an accident, or was taken ill, or was cut off, or something. Maybe after 36 hours the team is notified that someone else should play the turn, after 48 Googlie just plays it?
                        How about a compromise? Factions get two warning/notifications about playing the move late, then Googlie end the turn on the third late play and after. That should keep factions from getting into the habit of being late.
                        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                          Losing a turn's movement (but not the production, obviously) would be a moderately bad penalty, but not crippling.
                          -Jam
                          Right on !!

Completed Colony Pod just sitting idle in a base for a turn, scout standing admiring the nearby mindworm instead of attacking it, stockpiling energy for a turn, etc etc

Big incentive to play the turn.

I like D's and SU's suggestion:

24 hours - Normal turn rate
                          first warning
                          36 hours - abject excuses accepted (use wit and imagination, though)
                          second warning
                          48 hours - Googlie plays a "static" turn

Do we need a yes/no poll?

G.

Comment

Yes we need a poll (is it still old rules, constitution changes need 2/3 of the vote?)
                            Smile

Comment

Please post link when poll is made...
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                              X