The University Science Monitor, Issue #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The University Science Monitor, Issue #1

The University Science Monitor, Issue #1 – The Official Newspaper of the Planet University of Technology

University Tribune Closes After Single Issue – New Newspaper Founded
    by GeneralTacticus

The first official news outlet of the Planet University of Technology, The University Tribune, closed down after only a single issue when founder and editor Tassadar5000 defected to the Human Hive shortly before the Unity broke up. In response, after some deliberation over the editor and name of the news outlet to replace it, Chancellor GeneralTacticus announced the opening of the second University newspaper, The University Science Monitor. In doing so, he commented that now at least “Mr. President can run the Exchanges Department without worrying about Tass spoiling things like he nearly did with the Hive.”

First Faculty Board for PUT Chosen
    by GeneralTacticus

After several days of deliberation over the nature of each post on the faculty board and who would fill it, the PUT now finally has an official government. The positions were organized as follows:

Dean: Archaic
    Chancellor: GeneralTacticus

Professor of Geopolitical Studies: GeneralTacticus
    Exchanges Officer: Mr. President
    Professor of Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations: GeneralTacticus
    - Associate Professor to the school of Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations: History Guy
    Professor of Social Sciences: Archaic
    Professor of Pure Sciences: AdamTG02

Major Temporal Anomaly Detected
    by GeneralTacticus

Approximately two days ago, a team of freelance scientists who had been working on a project involving experimental technology for observation of the temporal manifold made an astonishing announcement: there had been a severe rift in time a short while ago, which resulted in the division of the universe into two separate parallels: one in which matters carried on as they were, and one I which everything was effectively rewound by several years and left to proceed back to this point. As proof, they produced readings from their measuring devices indicating that there was a severe temporal disruption shortly after University forces opened the Unity pod which had landed near University Base, and further cited the fact that University records do not appear to agree on exactly what emerged from the pod. While on-site observers agree that ***censored for security reasons***, many University records claim that what was discovered was a mysterious alien monolith. The team ahs speculated that tampering with this monolith by researchers may have triggered the anomaly they observed.

Further news as research continues.

Philosophy, Opinion, and Editorials:

None as yet; both members and non-members of the University are welcome to send their articles to the University Science Monitor.

It's true. I saw it myself. Keep well away from those monoliths in the future!
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
      It's true. I saw it myself. Keep well away from those monoliths in the future!
      You are mistaken. What you saw was a mirage caused by fungus gas refracting the light from Alpha Centauri B.

Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

???
        This newspaper is boring .
        Don't you ever have anything interesting to talk about except this anomoly and that experiment
        "War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
        -Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantian
          ???
          Don't you ever have anything interesting to talk about except this anomoly and that experiment
          What did you expect? They're the University.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Its not even TRUE LIES in the University paper

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I thought it was quite good actually. Relatively short, factual, and a nice RP about the change. I was impressed Well done GT
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Wow, this newspaper isn't plauged by the omnipresent and oppresive very kind censors of PRAVDA (the ultimate publication of the universe).

That makes it a bit better than your common public restroom graffiti.
                Last edited by Octavian X; May 22, 2003, 21:00.
                Join a Democracy Game today!
                | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Your logical and rational analysis methods are to be congratulated. We look forward to further University updates in the future.
                  Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
                  Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
                  The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Originally posted by Octavian X
                    Wow, this newspaper isn't plauged by the omnipresent and oppresive very kind censors of PRAVDA (the ultimate publication of the universe).

That makes it a bit better than your common public restroom graffiti.
                    Originally posted by Drogue
                    I thought it was quite good actually. Relatively short, factual, and a nice RP about the change. I was impressed Well done GT
                    Ladies and gentleman, we have our next defectors.
                    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I thought we voted not to allow it

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                        I thought we voted not to allow it
                        We did.

Originally posted by Static Universe
                        Ladies and gentleman, we have our next defectors.
                        You think the Prime Faction of the Conciousness would ever leave the most intelligent of factions? That would be a highly illogical thought. While we admire the University, they are not a match for our Gorilla supreme rationality

Function TK Gamma-8, I believe we have found the Gorilla's first target friend
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

you're confusing me. do i get to push the Release the Gorilla button or not?

Comment

It doesn't matter! If you don't know which, just release him! Depending on the Gorilla's actions, you can decipher which he is.
                            Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
                            Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
                            The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantian
                              ???

It's a scientific paper, you are supposed to be bored...
                              Alternatively, not understand a word of it. Uh, usually both.

}8=|P
                              My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X