No announcement yet.

Shipping News, Issue#2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cybernetics... So cold and lifeless... A darkness I shant ever go near...
    "War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
    -Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"

Comment

But you get such good upgrades
      Promoter of Public Morale
      Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Datalinks
        A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
        Wooed women at every base,
        But once ladies glanced at
        His special enhancement
        They vanished with nary a trace.

-- Barracks Graffiti,
        Sparta Command
        "War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."

Comment

I'm sure Morgan Cyborgs are much more accomodating.
          Promoter of Public Morale
          Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
            The formula is 2*Pi*r. That would be 7540*3.14*7540=...
            Wouldn't that be 2*3.14*7540 Tha calculation was correct though. However, sealurks are all curled up, even when coming out of the square, so they may be even bigger
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well if the Sealurks are that big, then I'm glad I'm not living in a seabase. Googliegod must really HATE the pirates..........

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                ...circumference = 47375.21722 kilometers
                Hmmm - it looked so much smaller from this height .......

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

Hmmm - it looked so much smaller from this height .......

God CMN speaks!
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

what is this "googliegod" stuff? What did I miss?

Comment

Googlie is the expert game scenario designer who was asked to design a new pbem game for this new AcDg. Thankfully he obliged and the voice from heaven descends to earth every so often with words of wisdom and advice.

Like God he is everywhere (omnipresent in all factions) and will look at all your posts.

He is also all powerful (least in the beginning). Why at the beginning of the universe, with just one thought he destroyed an entire gunsloop and its crew.

So 'thread' carefully
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantian
                        what is this "googliegod" stuff? What did I miss?
                        Googlie is the CMN, creator/moderator/narrator, for the game.

See here for an explanation.
                        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

The "shipping news" ??

I see ye be a Maritime race . . . but do you eat squidburgers?
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Don't need any more explaination then I have been told.

All Hail GooglieGod!

Comment

One question I've been wondering about for a while...
                              Did you get the name of your paper from the movie "The Shipping News", or was it an idea brainstormed independently of it?
                              Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
                              Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
                              The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Independent.
                                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                                X