Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Macness seems to be disallowing me to read the turn...

I can't download it. Herc, or somebody of the Pirates (or anybody for that matter) could e-mail me I'd appreciate it.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Pirates to Drones Turn 2102

Call me Ismael - no, no, no, that's not me, it must be the rum talking again.

Polly wanna cracker! Awkk! - no, no, no, that's not it either.

Maybe the answer's in this here bottle washing up on the shore. Why don't you'all open it right up and shiver your timbers.

Cuspidore Brownbeard out.

Edit: Turn attachment deleted
      Last edited by johndmuller; May 20, 2003, 19:59.

Comment

2103 to Hive

2103 to Hive

The march of the drones have started
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, it seems we have a problem here. When I finished the turn, I pressed escape by mistake, and then saved the turn in roder to avoid losing the results of pod pops. However, when I then tried to end the turn, the game claimed that the year was now 2104 and that the Hive were next. As things stand, the only solutions that I can see are to either replay the turn and accept different pod results or else replay the turn until we got the right pod results, both of which would be most annoying, or else hope that googlie can do something about it. Here is the save taken after I'd ended the turn.

EDIT: Turn deleted.
          Last edited by GeneralTacticus; May 24, 2003, 01:50.

Comment

I would say replay your turn. It is so close to the begining, not much could have happened, so it shouldn't take that long, or be that annoying should it? I would just play it once, and act as if you hadn't played it before. It may give you a very small advantage (knowing what you do from playing the turn once before) but it's hardly a big advantage at this stage.

But it's up to Googlie
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Hmm - I can't replicate that - when I play the Uni 2103 turn, hit escape and save, when I re-open it it opens right on the save where I left it

And when I open the Hive's 2104 turn that GT attached it's showing 2 replays already for the UoP's 2103 turn.

Some further explanation needed?

But clearly the save you attached is the Hive for 2104 - I'm not sure why a Uni exit would bypass the other factions' turns and jump to the next year - but it obviously has.

Obviously a snafu, so a complete turn replay is in order, replicating the moves and accepting a possible different podpop outcome

Subsequent players will see a "Uni has reloaded 3 times" message, which, if they are satisfied with the explanation for the first 2 reloads, can be ignored

G.

Comment

Just a further thought. Can any of GT colleagues play the earlier turn duplicating the moves.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Yes - any Uni member with the password can play the turn normally, and no replay message will appear

Comment

Just redo the turn - with or without reload message and lets move on. I mean if the save got corrupted there is really no other option. Just do it using the same moves and repopping the pods - if results are better lucky for you if theý are worse too bad.

Comment

Let's get the restarted turn up to date while we're waiting for MarkG.

We'll do it like a regular PBEM - I'll e-mail the passwords to the turnplayer with instructions to send the turn on by e-mail to the next in line, and send the restarted Hive, 2102 to Voltaire

Don't post the passwords in your private forums until MarkG's confirmation.

G.

Comment

New password has been sent to Voltaire by Private Message
                        Last edited by Googlie; May 25, 2003, 23:35.

Comment

Hmmm - too late now to think of it, but I guess i could have played everyone's restarted turns myself, as a) I know the passwords and b) I can see the moves already made.

Ah well

Waiting for Voltaire

G.

Comment

Well, you might as well, if you've still got the original save...
                            We're back!
                            http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

As we have been stalled for four hours or so, I played the Uni's turn.

Attachment deleted as turn has been played
                              Last edited by Googlie; May 25, 2003, 23:36.

Comment

Pulled it, as on comparing files I hadn't replicated the Uni's build

So there will be a reload message

G.
                                Last edited by Googlie; May 17, 2003, 19:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X