• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you say, it is indeed a case for :
    Code:
    Wouldn't you agree?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

That doesn't translate for me

If we are intended to read it, can you post it in english?
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Tass, if you don't stop speaking outside of your authority and causing unfounded diplomatic incidents, we may be forced to demote you...

I will not stand for this, you little son of..............

BY AUTHORITY OF UNIVERSITY OFFICIALS, THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TERMINATED.

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

What happened to the University Freedom of Speech?
          Smile

Comment

Hey, what happened to freedom of unethical research as well? *rubs bruised...pride* Those Cyborgs get touchy when magnets are around...
            Empire growing,
            Pleasures flowing,
            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Drogue, you have to convert it into hex, and then it turns into an alpha-numberic code. Its a new system for use only between very intellegent humans (i.e. the Hive) and Cyborgs. That way noone will understand our spam secret communications.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Hex ey How do you convert Binary to hex? I can use hex with normal numbers (1-8 instead of 1-10) but am no expert in binary. Could you PM me how to do it, and what the code is? I'm a little confused. Do you convert to hex and then binary, or so you use binary, and convert the alphanumeric code you have left?
                Smile

Comment

*Drouge and War of Art hear a little "click" sound as they talk*

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                    Hex ey How do you convert Binary to hex? I can use hex with normal numbers (1-8 instead of 1-10) but am no expert in binary. Could you PM me how to do it, and what the code is? I'm a little confused. Do you convert to hex and then binary, or so you use binary, and convert the alphanumeric code you have left?

"We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

SU: That's the intention I want to decode what WoA said, so we can use the code to talk between factions, and discuss things without others knowing

WoA: Please PM me with that code. I have a few we could use if needs be.

Tass: Heightened sensitivity is part of being a CyCon. You think we won't notice
                      Smile

Comment

What is a "hex" code?
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

No, these cameras, tape recorders, and note pads are all filled with scientific computations. That's all. Nothing but.
                          Empire growing,
                          Pleasures flowing,
                          Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Hex is when instead of a numberic sequence 1-10 as we have, it goes 1-8, thus numbers go 5 6 7 8 11 12 13 etc. IIRC. This could all be wrong, but I am unsure of how WoA has done it
                            Smile

Comment

Hex simply means 1 digit can express up to 16 different amounts, while "normal" decimal digit only express up to 10 different amounts.

Example:
                              0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 --> expressed by one decimal digit
                              0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F --> expressed by one hexadecimal digit

That way you use the binary code best: 4 bits get you numbers from 0 to 15, hex: 0 to 15
                              8 bits (1byte) get you two of these hex digits
                              Ffor example "FF" as hex is equal to (2^8)-1 or 1023. With 1023 different combinations you can encode every imaginable letter in just two hex digits or one byte.

Yes, it really is as easy as that!
                              Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                              Let me eat your yummy brain!
                              "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

I don't understand a clue of what you're saying. Oh well... *shrugs*
                                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                                X