No announcement yet.

CyCon Members Only - Leader Election - Repost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I forgot to include this in my post. I won't hold you to these, but it's just useful to get an idea of the basic values each holds and how they think.
    Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
    Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Have PMed. Sorry about the length, I didn't intend to write that much, but there is a lot I have thought about it. Obviously, I would go with what the people want, and so they are just my personal opinions, and how I would vote.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I like your sig. Very utilitarian. While we must be careful about not turning into the Hive, as telepathic beings, we are effeectively a whole, in some senses. Thus, what is good for the many, will generally be good for all, or almost all, of the individual members. Thus we have little of a dilemma with regards to state vs individual, and should be relatively Utilitarian IMHO. Also RPing utilitarians is fun. My Nation States nation (Akiria) is actually run virtually as a Utilitarian state, by Akizeta (after a revolution, where she shut down the war room and controls all computers) and has been very successful. The url for Akiria is in my sig.

In terms of political opinion, should that matter at all, I thik you'll be hard pressed to find much of a difference between myself and Maniac.
        Smile

Comment

speaking of nationstates, see Tea Kaygia and Method

there, that should quell any notions you have of me being an evil capitalist.
          /me neglects to mention he also controls nations called Evil Evil Finland and Yet More Evil Finland

Comment

Curses! Normally I would abstain, but I guess I must choose . Since I must choose, I guess I'll pick Drogue. Sorry Function Mani Alpha-3 .
            Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
            Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).

Comment

I am indeed the one who abstained.

I am also the one, or perhaps one of the ones, wondering why someone would place a vote in this thread for me, when I've said hardly anything. Such a vote would be quite illogical, so one hopes that it came from outside our collective.

Comment

must've been a drunken pirate who unknowingly voted in the wrong place.

"Duh,,,bookwyrm? har, who's that? haha. wyrm. i like that, funny name. he'd make a good leader. Har!"

Oh, and congratulations Drogue on becoming our new Prime Function! would that make Maniac secondary function or something?

Comment

oh, and seeing as nobody else is around, i guess i'll PM markos whilst i'm here...

Comment

Congratulations Comrade Prime Function Drogue; the Party and People of the Hive look forward to a long a fruitful relationship with you faction.

-Chairman Voltaire
                    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Thank you all. I will now PM Markos (I know you did too TKG, but I should, being the leader, to confirm).

My thanks for the vote Corellion. I will endeavor to do my best. Now, are we allowed to hold parties?

Should we election the deputy, take Maniac (as 2nd in the poll) or do I choose my, like the US idea of a running mate (in which case I choose Maniac)?
                      Smile

Comment

Darn! No mod powers for me.
                        Drogue, will you post your PM in our future private forum? I'd like to discuss views with everyone about how the Consciousness society works.

As for a deputy, what's the use? There's only one team leader possible. Unless of course there were also elections for the team player. (Still this isn't clear for me...) In that case an "Alpha Talent" has a use.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Great idea Maniac. I think we should have elections for who does the turns, held each month, and a deputy to play in case the leader cannot.

I could PM it to everyone, but it is longer than one PM (just). If you want me to PM it to all members as 2 PMs, as sent to Corellion, I will.
                          Smile

Comment

Sounds good to me. I hope the fora are up soon so that we can begin the actual private planning sessions. Of course, we could do that now, but it would be much easier outside of PMing.

Comment

I think you have one vote too much?
                              (Besides the Abstains) I thought you were six?
                              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Yes, but it doesn't matter. Every CyCon member has posted their vote as well. The final results were:
                                Function Drogue Beta-8: 3 votes
                                Function Mani Alpha-3: 2 votes
                                Abstentions: 1

Comment

Working...
                                X