Memo: To University "faculty members"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memo: To University "faculty members"

Seeing as my post in the sign up topic seems to have been missed by many.......we need to get together before the private forum is set up to decide upon our free tech, amongst other things. Please either PM/email to me or post in this thread your contact details, as well as the times (Relative to GMT) that you would be available for a chat session over either AIM or MSN.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

I already sent you a PM with some data, but I think I didn't put the times...

Since I don't have access to Messenger here at work (only ICQ, and only via its web feature), I'd say that I'd be available for chat sessions everyday, from 00:00 AM to 02:00 AM GMT (normal time, not DST).

With ICQ, I could be available from 01:00 PM to 03:00 PM and from 07:00 PM to 08:30 PM GMT (normal time, not DST), but this is more subject to variations. Any doubts, PM me...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Alright, I've got PM's from most of you now. Unfortunatly, not all of you have MSN or AIM, so seeing as MSN is by far the most popular one amongst the group ATM, it'd be appreciated if the rest of the faction members could please get it sometime soon. There's an add-in that myself, GT, Tass (And maybe Mr. President too) can link you to that'll add some certain desirable functions to it, so once you've got it, contact us about that.

MSN probably won't be used for formal meetings, just for informal conversations between the faction members. I'm going to see if I can get us a IRC based chat (One which Alexnm should be able to connect to through work w/ either IE or ICQ) of some sort, so I'll keep you updated on how that goes.

In the meanwhile, we need to elect ourselves an interim leader, and decide on our free tech. I've already put up my hand for the leader spot, and I've already got a few opinions on both that and our free tech from some people, but not everyone yet. If anyone else would like to nominate themselves for the job, please post here, and we'll hold a vote. As for the free tech, it'd be appreciated if in the meantime until we have a leader elected, people could PM their opinions on that to me, or talk to me about it over MSN.

Comment

Could you please speed things up concerning the leader election? We are only waiting on you and the Pirates before we can get started.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

We have been, over IM's. I only need 1 more vote before I have a majority supporting me for the leadership IIRC, so that should be sorted today.

Comment

Ah, that's great.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I can't do MSN, unfortunately, and since we won't do ICQ I'll cast my vote here: you're in Archaic. Go get the forum.
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Archaic: As leader of the CyCon, I salute the fellow leader of the University. Next time our paths cross, may we remain as friends and equals. Until then...
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Congratulations to both of you. If you're ever down by the shore watch out for the Portuguese Man O' War.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I like those jellyfish. Bobbing in the waves, a whole colony teaming with life working in unison.
                    Promoter of Public Morale
                    Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Sorry for not posting or PMing or whatever.

I vote for Archaic too.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

PM sent to MarkG. For the interim, I've set things up like so.

Team Name: Planet University of Technology
                        Team Leader: Dean Archaic

If anyone's been paying attention, you'd know that's what I put in for the Race for the Prize game. ^^; I hope that's alright with everyone. I'll set up a formal poll for the proper name once we've got ourselves this private forum if you all want to change it in-game, and we can PM MarkG about it then if we decide to change it.

Comment

Fine with me. Besides, if we change our minds later on, there's nothing stopping us from altering it...

Comment

Um, please add my vote to Archaic.
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

He's got his majority...

Comment

Working...
                              X