No announcement yet.

The Cybernetic News Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm...I thought you were the ones without emotions! Have you no pity? Do you think we like screwing lightbulbs into people's ear, or in your case, putting a plate over your brain? Do you think isolating the lobes is a fun thing to us? Do you think we are inhuman monsters? Well, if you, you are really, really misunderstanding us. OK, so Igor likes doing it, but I don't. No, I don't. Really. I mean it. No, really.
    Empire growing,
    Pleasures flowing,
    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Well, we are without emotions. But rationality states that if you ask people to participate, they are both more likely to participate in the future, and like their rulers more. Moreover, we realise it is unwise to try it to leaders of other factions, incase they might not like it.
      Last edited by Drogue; May 14, 2003, 16:55.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Bugger. You're right.

Poor old Prokhor, rest his soul. Didn't know you'd wind up being a Prime Function the day he stuck that electrical outlet in your head. Ah well, he was just ethically challenged.
        Empire growing,
        Pleasures flowing,
        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

"Prokhor Zakarov, he's just ethically challenged"
          Smile

Comment

Robots enslave humans and use them as batteries!

Proof? Go watch Matrix. I'd like a word of explanation from Prime function!
            :-p

Comment

Why would we do such a thing? Humans, though they do produce significant energy, are not nearly as efficient as other forms of energy we have. Besides, keeping them fed and cleaned is an incredibly resource-intensive task. It's much more efficient to use our fission reactors.
              Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
              Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
              The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Exactly, Function Corelli Omega-9. It would be inefficient and illogical. However, that would be a more humane way to treat prisoners than the Hive's concentration camps or the UoP's experiments.

Calc, is that a DL, or just a changed name?
                Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                  However, that would be a more humane way to treat prisoners than the Hive's concentration camps or the UoP's experiments.
                  "Hive Concentration Camps" ???
                  You must be referring to our research facilities, where our scientists are camping in the beautiful nature and breath fresh air to help them concentrate on their studies, right?
                  But I don´t see the point of "prisoners"... Perhaps you could explain it to me in the privacy of my favourite torture chamber my bureau?
                  Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                  Let me eat your yummy brain!
                  "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by Corellion
                    Why would we do such a thing? Humans, though they do produce significant energy, are not nearly as efficient as other forms of energy we have. Besides, keeping them fed and cleaned is an incredibly resource-intensive task. It's much more efficient to use our fission reactors.
                    Humans produce significant energy? Must be from that CyCon propaganda "the Matrix"; last time I checked humans weren't some miraculous perpetual motion machine. The Human Hive promises to protect the rights of all human beings not to be placed inside a fabricated fantasy world (not created by us).
                    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

• Using humans as an energy producer is indeed one of the biggest flaws of the Matrix, as humans consume energy to survive.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Yes, but they are getting energy from the groud, like plants (which is what those stalks are for). It is just that they turn the energy into a useable form (heat), since the robots have trouble using food and nutrients for energy. Also, since no energy can be lost, and almost all waste is heat, it seems a very effect way of getting energy out of the groud, for those of us that need electricity and not food as their power source.
                        Smile

Comment

• Energy from the ground? What do you mean with that? And plant-like stalks feeding humans wouldn't work as there isn't any sunlight to feed the plants/stalks.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Yes, but it´d be much more effective to use primitive life forms for energy producing. It works the same way, but you don´t need the huge "Matrix" machinery to keep it going. A Virus doesn´t care whether he lives in real world or in a computer simulation...
                            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                            Let me eat your yummy brain!
                            "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• Maniac: Like a plant takes up Nitrates, Phosphates and another one I can't remember to feed themselves, the idea was that those plant structures did that, thus not needed the sun's energy, and converting nutrients into heat, so they could use it. I can't remember how it worked, I just read it somewhere. Might not be right
                              Smile

Comment

• Well we all know the best way to get energy is from higher elevation anyway.
                                Proud member of The Human Hive, working for a better future on Chiron, today!

Comment

Working...
                                X