Hopefully one of the last polls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully one of the last polls...

There always is something which interferes and prevents us from starting this game... Now there is the discussion whether or not we should grant the request for a fifth human-controlled faction. And that discussion really needs to be finished before starting private fora. I mean, if you were MarkG, would you like it if some dude asked you to create four private fora, and a few days later asked for another one? The same counts for the CMN. He needs to know how many human factions there will be, to create a balanced map. Therefore this hopefully last poll: Should there be a fifth human-played faction of Buster and Triped? Only two days time to vote.

Btw, Buster or Triped, if you read this, could you please tell us asap which faction you'd want to play?
    Yes!
    62.50%
    No!
    25.00%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    Xenobanana
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Ah yes, the discussion thread.

Comment

alright then, i'll hold off on PMing markos about private forums and civgroups until this poll has ended

Comment

I vote yes. Granted it will make the game slightly slower, but I think it will be more interesting overall (not that it wouldn't be interesting with only 4 ).
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

alright then, i'll hold off on PMing markos about private forums and civgroups until this poll has ended
          Oh ok. Btw, I didn't mean you when I said "dude". Since I will be looking for a CMN (I am currently writing a PM to Googlie), I assumed I also would PM MarkG about the private fora, so I was calling myself a dude.

Comment

whatever, i didn't even see that part. i just skim through most posts anyway

Comment

I vote yes.

Hopefully this will result in a clear decision, I can´t bear to wait any longer!!!
              Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
              Let me eat your yummy brain!
              "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

if there's a more or less clear majority by tomorrow, i'm sending the PM. i can't bear to wait any longer either

Comment

I sent this PM to Googlie. Is it ok?

Hi Googlie,

Recently a group of people, which I am part of, finished our first SMAC democracy game. We enjoyed it and immediately started planning another one. However this time we wanted to do it somewhat differently. Following the example of the Civ3 PtW demo game, we wanted a PBEM ACDG this time. The usual polls for the settings and rules followed. One of these polls dealt with the map we would use. There a majority decided an expert CMN should give us a surprise. Hearing the words "expert CMN" I of course immediately thought of you again. Therefore I'm wondering: could you please be the CMN of our next ACDG?

In case you would, here you can find a summary of several things: that we will be playing a PBEM SMAX Transcend game, using these and these rules, while allowing these bugs/features.

On the subject of the participating factions, things are a bit less clear. We are already sure we want the University of Planet, the Hive, the Consciousness and the Pirates to participate as humans. But now there is discussion and a poll whether we should allow a fifth human-played faction of Buster & Triped, who would join this game as somewhat normal PBEM'ers, giving the demo game teams better opposition. As who would be the two (or three, depending on the poll results) AI factions, that people want to leave up to the "expert CMN" to decide, as a surprise.

Last but not least, there's the map poll, where people decided they want a large map (if you take the mean of all voters) and where there's more or less a tie between 50-70% ocean (to make the map livable for the Pirate faction) and "Let the CMN use his good judgement." On all other points, there's a clear majority for "Let the CMN use his good judgement."

If you would be interested in being the CMN for this pbem acdg, please PM me or pay a visit to the ACDG forum.

Greetings,

Maniac
                  if there's a more or less clear majority by tomorrow, i'm sending the PM.
                  Great. Unless of course there's a majority in favour but we still don't know the faction Buster & Triped will use, and there isn't a faction logo for them.
                  Last edited by Maniac; May 6, 2003, 15:37.

Comment

Accidently voted YES. Please change my vote to NO.
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Looks good Maniac. I voted no, because I want to keep it simple, and want it to go all the way, thus am playing it safe. However I am not too strong a no, if that makes sense
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I´d say if it comes to a putt, we will play with 4 players as it was decided before.

Agreed?
                        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                        Let me eat your yummy brain!
                        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

I agree. Needs a majority to change.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Heh... with Tass' vote it's tied...

Edit: Nevermind... there were more votes right after I posted...
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

My biggest fear is that there will only be two people on their team......And they'll fall QUICKLY.
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X