Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which AI factions should participate? (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a relatively small map
    Do you know something more than I do?

I'd vote for #4 like FlameFlash does.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well, didn't we vote for a standard map in the map thread. That's pretty small IMHO, which is good and interesting, but means we don;t want strong AI wiping us out straight away

My idea was about a 3, not much more beefed up than transcend. Not much at all please
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

There were 7 people who voted Standard, but also 5 who voted Large, and six who voted Huge, so a large map seems the best compromise to me.
        But it's all up to Googlie I guess.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I think Drogue has it about right.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I also agree with Drogue. We want them to be an actual factor in the game, but not sufficiently so that we might actually lose to them. If a team does lose, I'd bet they'd rather lose to a human team than a computer.

Comment

Yeah. The AI should be strong enough not to provide a major free bonus to anyone who happens to start next to them, but no stronger.
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
              X