Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we play with three or four human factions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we play with three or four human factions?

A simple poll for a small question. I made the poll last three days.
    Three teams
    60.00%
    Four teams
    40.00%
    Write-in teams
    0.00%
    Xenobanana!
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Great minds and all that. I just voiced the same sentiments in anothet thread. But this would clarify things.

I think 3 human factions this first multiplayer SMAC/X Pbem DG
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Went for three. It'll be easier if we start to lose people. Although when the first team is killed, it will create quite a rivalry
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Lets hope that doesn't happen too soon then. Voted for 3 teams too

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I voted 3 as well.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Three teams.

Comment

I'm going to break the mold and go for four, simply because I think we'd get much more diplomacy and political intrigue that way.
              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

I went with three to make sure we had enough people. While more politics would be good, it won't do us much good if we have teams with only thee or four players (which might happen if people start dropping out).

Comment

While I would prefer four factions for the extra politics, I went for three out of necessity: having enough participators.

Comment

I think if we do go with 3, we need a repoll of the top factions (the ones that would have been played had the game consisted of 4 playables) just because voting wasn't clear originally if we were going to play 3 or 4...

/me just wants the Pirates to have a second chance.
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Perhaps we can have three factions and Flameflash plays the Pirates??

/me shrugs at Flameflash

Worth a try, eh?

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

3, out of necessity. Four would be more interesting, though.
                        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Voted four.

I do think we will have enough participants. Polls had more than 20 voters during the last week, and newcomers will surely make up for the people that leave (although I can´t imagine why anybody should leave...)
                          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                          Let me eat your yummy brain!
                          "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
                            Perhaps we can have three factions and Flameflash plays the Pirates??

* War of Art shrugs at Flameflash

Worth a try, eh?

-Jam

Thanks, but if the majority don't want 4, I'll join up with the Hive and hope for Pirates to be playable in round 3.

Personally, I'd like to be the misinformation minister
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Can I still change my vote from three to four? It seems there is a strong core of Pirate players (stronger than Cybernetic players in any case), so if they really want to play, why refuse them if only a small majority is against them?

Comment

Working...
                              X