Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in discussing a demogame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vyeh, it is the same situation, the game cannot be saved.
    In this case, I would recommend that each time you play a turn, you save it just right before pressing the end turn. Then, when you send it to a player having a pc machine with windows, that player presses "end turn" and has the autosave.

Regarding the way we play. Maybe let us have a turnplayer for a few turns, 3-5, in the first 10-15 turns. Each turn would be though discussed on this forum. what do you think?
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan
      OK, I am happy with the playtesting of this scenario. I just need to put together the intro. Game should be published sometime Saturday.

Please discuss amongst yourselves how you'd like to play the first 5 turns. I will warn you that there will be much action and decision-making for the first ten or so turns, and that your decisions here will effect significantly how the game progresses from there. FYI so you can discuss how to proceed accordingly.

D
      OK, so how about we all download the game, take a look at it and decide what to do.

[Darsan]
      Will you be modifying the game after you publish it and we start playing it?

Mead

Comment

mart, can you do a screen capture?

I'm not sure I can do it with my iMac.

If you can, I propose you publish the screen and we can discuss it.
        Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Originally posted by Mead

[Darsan]
          Will you be modifying the game after you publish it and we start playing it?
          Hadn't really thought about doing that, but I am not opposed to doing so if you think it would add to the game.

I am about 1/3 of the way done with the intro document setting the premise for the game, so I should finish sometime tomorrow. I will then publish and post the game, and you all can take it from there.

btw here is a pic of your chief adversary, Sister Joan d'Arc of the Believers. You will note she is wearing a suit of Synthmetal combat armor, as well as a frock of Believer orange. Joan earned the name "The Sword of the Righteous" for her exploits in leading her people back from the brink of defeat, and she now believes it is Gods Will that she rid her homeworld of the PK invaders.
          Attached Files

Comment

OK, game is posted here . Anything you want me to add to this please let me know.

I would again recommend that all the players download the turn, take some time and review the situation, then discuss how best to proceed. From playtesting much should happen within the first 10 - 20 turns, so you may wan to take some time in between turns.

Good Luck!

D

Comment

Would someone bother to write a newsitem (he'll be credited for) about the new demogame?
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Hadn't really thought about doing that, but I am not opposed to doing so if you think it would add to the game.

It would certainly add to the game - It would make the AI a lot more intelligent.

Although I would be little afraid of discussing strategy in the open forum if I knew you were reading it, and using it to help the AI.

Mead

Comment

News item

News item for Iluminatus:

15-10-2006: In the AC-Democracy Game subforum, ACDG4 Game One ("The Sword of the Righteous") begins. ACDG4 is a SMAC single player Peacekeeper scenario designed by Darsnan. The time is MY2299 and the planet, "Sanctuary," is close to Alpha Centauri. Blessed with technological superiority and a Hive splinter ally, the democracy game players face a considerably enhanced AI coalition of splinter factions led by a future incarnation of Joan of Arc. For more information, go to http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0#post4625988.
                  Last edited by vyeh; October 15, 2006, 14:44.
                  Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                    Would someone bother to write a newsitem (he'll be credited for) about the new demogame?
                    How does the following sound?

ACDG4 has begun!

The year is 2299. Planet has recently been unified under the Peace Keeper banner, and now the Peace Keepers have turned their ambitions to the fledgeling interstellar colonies in the other solar systems that Man has colonized.

This ACDG is intended to be a series of games (SP, and possibly some MP), with each game occuring on a different "planet" in a different solar system. Some games (like the current one "Sword of the Righteous") will be SMAC, while others will be SMAX. Also, to help boost the idea that the games are occuring on different planets, the movement points of various units will be modified in the alpha(x).txt file to simulate gravity being heavier or lighter.

As time progresses and the sphere of Peace Keeper influence grows (by the conquest of nearby solar systems), it is envisioned that new species, civilizations, and empires will be encountered by the Peace Keeper's Interstellar Forces as they continue to expand their empire.

So join our intrepid band of Peace Keepers (or just stop by and see what theiur up to!) as they send mission after mission out amongst the stars, with the intent of unifying all of Humanity under the Peace Keeper banner!

D

Comment

On a nearby world ...
                      D
                      You could change this to "On terraformed Eurytion..." or "Inside the recently settled Eurytion" This might give it a little more credence, as opposed to some made up new world. Plus you could work in there since its a Mercurian planet, all the techs have to be rediscovered again because they need to get them working on the hot planet or underground. The premise is great tho.

Regulars may know what Eurytion is. For anyone who doesn't know, raise your hand. Ok, this name comes from the planets.txt in the SMACX folder. Just look it up there. It has stats on Planet, Pholus, Nessus, and Eurytion.

Maybe Chiron might be the planet of choice. I dunno. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell01
                        The premise is great tho.
                        Thanx! I've always had a very vivid imagination, as well as a job that continually forces me to think "outside the box": a great background for coming up with all sorts of new twists on this game!

You could change this to "On terraformed Eurytion..." or "Inside the recently settled Eurytion" Plus you could work in there since its a Mercurian planet, all the techs have to be rediscovered again because they need to get them working on the hot planet or underground.
                        This is a good idea! Maybe a remnant of the Hive or Spartans have set up camp there, and the PKs need to root them out.

This might give it a little more credence, as opposed to some made up new world.
                        I think my approach is relatively credible as well (i.e. that a Prog spaceship is discovered, and it is determined that the FTL Drive can be replicated, and that the start charts are intact). This can also lead to many more interesting "encounters" simply because the galaxy is so huge, which then allows individuals creativity to populate it with who knows what!?!

Regulars may know what Eurytion is. For anyone who doesn't know, raise your hand. Ok, this name comes from the planets.txt in the SMACX folder. Just look it up there. It has stats on Planet, Pholus, Nessus, and Eurytion.
                        Its also where gwillybj hangs out. He's a cantankarous old codger with an itchy trigger finger, so you might want to send a request for docking priveledges before you decide to go visit him......

D

Comment

Working...
                        X