Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in discussing a demogame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great. While Darsnan is working on this, I'd like to ask Mead and mart7x5:

Are you interested in playing individual games with the strategic link? (The alternative is playing a single game collaboratively.)

The advantage of individual games is that they go faster.
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

We can play individual games, but their level of interaction is much lower than that of a collaborative game. We can try both.
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by vyeh
        Great. While Darsnan is working on this, I'd like to ask Mead and mart7x5:

Are you interested in playing individual games with the strategic link? (The alternative is playing a single game collaboratively.)

The advantage of individual games is that they go faster.
        [Mead, startled, wakes up, ... whoa, I think I just heard my name.

Did someone just ask me something?

I hope no one noticed I was sleeping; was I making any noise? I wasn't snoring? was I? I wasn't dreaming out loud?

Quick - think of something to say to make them think like you were awake and paying attention all along, but, - - - wait, maybe you ought to find out more before you agree to do something that you don't want to do, something that might involve real work.]

OK, I admit it, I wasn't paying attention.

We're doing this SMAC [so I don't have to figure out how to make the SMAX run on my XP machine], yes?

We're Peacekeepers [I've been running a SP to see their strenghts and weaknesses, but its taken a long time, about 2 weeks and I still havn't finished], yes?

We run this as pararrel [never could spell that word] games, yes?

Is that what we're doing?

Please let me know if I got it right?

Mead

Comment

Mead, we could run it as parallel games or we could collaborate in one game or, as mart7x5 said, we can try both.

Comment

Originally posted by vyeh
            Mead, we could run it as parallel games or we could collaborate in one game or, as mart7x5 said, we can try both.
            Let's collaborate in one game, otherwise it will be a SP challenge game.

We're doing SMAC, yes?

Once the game is available why don't you download it and we'll swap off turns every 5 turns.

At least until it gets more labor intensive (or others want to do the turns).

One it really gets labor ntensive we can down to swapping off every 3 turns, then every 2 turns, then if it gets realy labor intensive every turn.

We'll, of course, consult and collaorate on major decisions.

Mead

Comment

Originally posted by Mead

We're doing SMAC, yes?
              This is a SMAC game. Standard size map (79 x 79), average everything, 60/40 mix of Land/ Sea.

Originally posted by Mead
              Once the game is available why don't you download it and we'll swap off turns every 5 turns.

We'll, of course, consult and collaorate on major decisions.
              My suggestion would be for all interested players to download the game, review the starting position, then discuss as to how to best proceed. One player then plays accordingly from there.

Unless of course something "major" occurs in the first 5 turns.....

D

Comment

Compatibility Test

I have a Mac. There was a problem in ACDGIII, when the save file produced by me couldn't be saved by the next player.

Please download the saved SMAC file "Test", open it, make one move or more, and then save it. If you succeed, I'd appreciate it if you would post it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Vyeh,
                  check if you have installed WinXP compatibility patch, it then says, that you have version SMAC 5.0
                  This version in addition has many bugs fixed, and we should play this version.

That is true, that I cannot save the game from it.
                  However, what works is autosave at the beginning of each turn, and below is such a save that I renamed
                  Last edited by Mart; October 14, 2006, 19:42.
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

Compatibility Test, Part 2

Let me clarify. I am not using Virtual PC. I'm playing a Mac OS version of SMAC. I checked the help menu and the version number is 5.0.

When I installed SMAX, it also updated SMAC to the latest (5.0) version. I have all the Mac patches installed.

I've taken your file, made a few moves and saved it. This time I didn't zip it. Could you see if you can open it, play and post as before?

If this works, I won't have to beg Kody to write a conversion program (he wrote one for ACDG III, which was a SMAX game).

Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan

This is a SMAC game. Standard size map (79 x 79), average everything, 60/40 mix of Land/ Sea.

My suggestion would be for all interested players to download the game, review the starting position, then discuss as to how to best proceed. One player then plays accordingly from there.

Unless of course something "major" occurs in the first 5 turns.....

D

Once it's ready could you give us a screenshot of the starting position?

Mead

Comment

it looks, it works ok, this is 2116 from autosave
                        -----
                        Vyeh, it is just a thought, maybe you check your autosave and attach it? maybe this one is better and allows later to save the game on windows machines?
                        Last edited by Mart; October 14, 2006, 19:43.
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

I duplicated autosave1 and renamed it. Let me know if this is better.

Had to zip it. The sav file was too large for 'poly.

Edit: wrong file. Removed it. See second post following.
                          Last edited by vyeh; October 12, 2006, 09:11.

Comment

Interesting, but this save file is indicated as multiplayer and I cannot load it as singleplayer.
                            Mart
                            Map creation contest

Comment

My mistake. That was a SMAX file. Correct file is below.
                              Attached Files

Comment

OK, I am happy with the playtesting of this scenario. I just need to put together the intro. Game should be published sometime Saturday.

Please discuss amongst yourselves how you'd like to play the first 5 turns. I will warn you that there will be much action and decision-making for the first ten or so turns, and that your decisions here will effect significantly how the game progresses from there. FYI so you can discuss how to proceed accordingly.

D

Comment

Working...
                                X