X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: SPDG v. MPDG

Originally posted by Illuminatus
    a) Officialy confirm if people want a SPDG or a MPDG via poll
    It seems simpler to break down points a), b) and c) into separate polls. And defer polling on points d), f) and g) until the first three are resolved.

Please note that there has been a lot of discussion in the thread about the next DG

In that thread, I've been assuming that there is a sufficient group of players interested in SP, SMAX, SMAniaC. Otherwise, I've wasted a lot of time and thought.
    SP (all players in one faction)
    60.00%
    MP (players split into 2 or more factions)
    20.00%
    Either
    15.00%
    Not playing
    5.00%
    Last edited by vyeh; March 31, 2006, 10:05.
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

I voted either, which should help us decide

Comment

I voted SP. I think SMAniaC Templar is the best idea. smth new. 2 and 3 were multiplayer. Time for good SP demogame.
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

You forgot about the BOTH option... SP and MP are completely different game experiences, why couldn't players try both and choose which pleases them the most (or even participate in both)?
        If there are less people interested in Sp, then turns could be delayed a little bit, if it's MP that loses followers, then it would become just a bit more like a PBEM for some factions... and could still have one or two active factions playing!

Comment

Originally posted by bluetemplar
          You forgot about the BOTH option... SP and MP are completely different game experiences, why couldn't players try both and choose which pleases them the most (or even participate in both)?
          Illuminatus is an administrator. For his purposes, he needs to set up one ACDGIV. Therre has been some suggestion of having an additional demogame, but it would have to be called something different.

One of the neat things about the discussion we're having about the next demogame in another thread

is we're discussing how to make it cooperative (SP) for the players who want it and to introduce elements of competition and diplomacy for the players who want that (making it similar to MP).

So if you want both experiences, take a look at the discussion there and support that idea.
          Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

The 327 posts - one year long thread?
            Ok I think it's time I take an hour (or two... ) to read it all!

Comment

Voted to help the SP faction.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I have a problem with the voting in the poll so please add my vote to:

SPDG.

vanilla, SMAX (SMAC is OK), Beliver is OK, AI boosted, CMN assisted.

I'm not sure I like the idea of SMainAC.

Mead

Comment

Vyeh,
                  you forgot banana option...
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest
                  WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

lol the banana option!

Single ftw!
                    -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

Got my vote
                      Last edited by Alpha-fish; April 18, 2006, 22:25.

Comment

Im surpirised you havnt been pwnt by the mods yet

i believe we already came to the conclusion of a SPDG awile back btw
                        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

So much ideas... so much dedication... and so much waste...

EDIT: maybe but this thread was (in the recent time) posted in by not so much people... We should know what everybody thinks about it.

And I would suggest an advertising to all Apolyton forums about these polls!

Comment

I agree

Comment

I think everyone would have more fun making a 30 volume Discussions of the fourth AC Democracy Game than actually playing it...
                              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                              X