No announcement yet.

Next DG Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With regarding to voting and positions, I'd like to see the people who get voted in being able to make decisions on matters without running polls (Though obviously, they'd be influenced by public opinion if they want to keep their spots come next election). Should help speed up the game.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

• That's the exact reason why I urge for single base operations be conducted by participating members, as to give at least this small task out of government hands.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• well we still have the ACDG 1 constitution laying around somewhere with some modicifations it would say exactly that...i am not saying to use it but when i made it i had the same idea in mind as archaic has...only i ended with quite a different one because of compromises and add ons...it ended up as a bulky useless thing...but giving more power to ministers is what i am for also...the only problem is to find a balance so that not only the ministers are playing the game but also the citizens...
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• we could make it a federation of bases style game...having governors that have total control over there base...and then a federal government that is some what powerfull to put the faction as a whole into one direction.......this would work great together with political parties...
          Bunnies!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

• this could be done because credits are in hands of the federal government, and because every base has to produce certain things for the federal goverment (i.e. first former for the base and second on under control of the FG...)most military assets would be ordered (to build) and controled by the FG...but if a base has time left they could build there own units that they would control
            Bunnies!

Comment

• Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Oh no's.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• good times... and oh Geo if you dont like it GO WRITE YOUR OWN F*CKING CONSTITUTION

ah the good old days
                  Bunnies!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                    GO WRITE YOUR OWN F*CKING CONSTITUTION
                    I was wondering who was gonna say it first.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• But that sounds like work!

Frell it!
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• The governors idea has some merit, so long as the governors have actual power and it is more than titular, since that would create conflict between the interests of the regions and the center, it would require that the operations of the faction as a whole be conducted as a matter of negotiations between the center and regions. The only issue with that, as I see it, is how we would go about choosing governors; would everyone simply be assigned a base once we reach enough bases to permit all participants to have one, would we somehow elect governors (and if so, would the franchise for regional elections be restricted to those who reside within that region, or would the entirety of the faction get to vote on all governors regardless of region of residence)? What just came to me would to distribute governorships among the parties based on proportional representations on an electoral system where we vote for party-lists.

But all that aside, there is also the issue of how the federal government would be structured. Would we have direct votes for the positions in the central government, or would those too be determined by a PR-type system?

And lastly, the idea of a large central government structure instead of a federal structure should also be considered. So rather than having governors, we’d simply create a large number of ministries and hand those positions out. The virtue of this over that of federalism, as I see it, is diversity. Whereas with the federalist structure everyone’s position and responsibilities are roughly the same, the positions and responsibilities would differ based on the ministries. And we need not restrict the ministries to ones that actually do something in game, having one related to some RP activities would also be advisable.
                        You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic
                          With regarding to voting and positions, I'd like to see the people who get voted in being able to make decisions on matters without running polls (Though obviously, they'd be influenced by public opinion if they want to keep their spots come next election). Should help speed up the game.
                          I agree with this; it would make for some interesting conflicts within the government if ministers decide not to cooperate. And conflict means fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathByTheSword the only problem is to find a balance so that not only the ministers are playing the game but also the citizens...
                            The solution: make a long of ministries so everyone can be a minister.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathByTheSword GO WRITE YOUR OWN F*CKING CONSTITUTION

If I recall correctly that is constitution #4 of the Hive.

Comment

• There is one other possibility.

That we make it an intersite ACDG. Maybe a head to head even.

The 20-25 members of the Apolyton team would take on the team from CFC or other group. There is so much overlap with CGN SMAC/X players, that IMO a 'Poly v CGN wouldn't work now.
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X