X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Game Will Do

The title says it all.

Let's just get a game started.

I don't matter to me if it's even just SMAC with the original 7 factions and we just choose one faction to be the one we want to play.

Let's get one started.

It don't matter to me if it's SMAC or SMAX.

It don't matter much to me what faction we choose.

It would, of course, help if we gave the AI some benefits to make it more capable.

But, we should get a game going.

Mead

edit: thought this was a PBEM forming up. Sorry for the mis-post.

D

Comment

I only have SMAC.

And I intent to join if a game starts.

Best regards,

Comment

OK,I am on board.
        Can we have the game where the supply unit reverts to its original function.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
          OK,I am on board.
          What's that?

Carry stuff from one base to another with no carry from tiles?

Prohibiting it from being cashed for SPs?

Mead

Comment

Yep that's what I had in mind.

Comment

If the supply unit is the caravan unit in Civ II, isn't using it for SP's part of its original functiion?

If you didn't allow that, then bases have more difficulty in collaborating on SP's and it would take longer to build SP's. You could disband units inside the base building SP's but you would lose half the mins.

I can understand the impulse to prohibit supply crawlers from harvesting tiles, but I don't understand the impulse to prohibit the use of supply crawlers in the construction of SP's.
              Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Originally posted by vyeh
                If the supply unit is the caravan unit in Civ II, isn't using it for SP's part of its original functiion?

If you didn't allow that, then bases have more difficulty in collaborating on SP's and it would take longer to build SP's. You could disband units inside the base building SP's but you would lose half the mins.

I can understand the impulse to prohibit supply crawlers from harvesting tiles, but I don't understand the impulse to prohibit the use of supply crawlers in the construction of SP's.
                Whoa.

Fed1943 says
                I only have SMAC.

And I intent to join if a game starts.

Best regards,
                and Hercules says

OK,I am on board.

Are we going to have a Real Classical SMAC game?

With placing some limits on the use of the crawler?

I'm game.

It doesn't matter to much to me is we follow vyeh's limitations or Hercules. Although, Hercules would make it tougher for us against the AI.

Mead

Comment

And that's how I used to play before I discovered these forums.

Comment

In my view the now widely accepted use of the crawler to harvest tiles upset the balance between Human and the AI.

In Pbems, it is impossible to police the harvesting function until you achieve infiltration. Then you can monitor how many crawler units are in existence.

The pre-eminence of the crawler unit in its 'additional' useful harvest function meant the almost universal beeline rush to IA and the PTS.

I don't think that was the designers intention.

Now after 4+years playing pbems I think this single 'discovery' made the game unbalanced. This is well before the influence of MMI, which many argue also is an overpowering SP.

Anyway on with game.

Comment

Anyone feel like teaching a noob how to start a game?

Hey ladies,

I'm curious to learn how to set up one of these games. Anyone want to TCP/IP. Please e-mail with instructions.....

~Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                        And that's how I used to play before I discovered these forums.

Same here.

It was only after I found these forums that I realized the value of the crawler (and trawler); energy parks, and clean mins.

Although these forums are very helpful, not knowing all the tips made for a more challenging gme.

After dying a few times on Citizen, I figured out how to play and managed to succeed on Trans.

Even then, it seemed that, the first hundred years or so were fun where the AI almost always managed to get a lot of SP's, before I was able to come back.

Now, once I get crawlers, it's all over.

Mead

Comment

Same here.

I eventually won the Iron man game at Trans level for each faction, using ordinary crawler usage. At that stage I felt competent.

I still picked up lots of tips but the universal drift to crawlers exploitation meant certain factions came to rule the roost.

Then we had the ICS strategy,which was highly dependent on the crawler for progress.

Comment

Working...
                          X