Succession Game #1: Warriors of Mount Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succession Game #1: Warriors of Mount Planet

Im thinking 10 turns per session, boosted AI, random map? or CMNed?, and smac1 factions. Anyone interested? Some people spoke up before about this but nothing came out of it. A friendly non-competive game would be best, i think, with very simple rules
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

What's a succession game? everyone plays x turns, then new people take over?

Comment

Basicly anyone that has a spare minute can come by, play the turn, upload.

I think people would like it if they tried it:
      Starts discussion
      No obligation
      Challenging because the last person before you played wacko
      You can do your own thing and roleplay the turn...

SGs were\are big in civ2.

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Humphrey
        What's a succession game? everyone plays x turns, then new people take over?
        That's right.

Cata, I'm interested, tho I can't promise I'll have time these days.

Comment

Would people perhaps also be interested in a succession game of SMAniaC?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

sounds interesting.

Comment

I was thinking SMAniaC but wanted to make sure people were interested before bringing in a mod.(although maybe people would be MORE interested in a mod... )

Next Question: do we use a CMN or just a random start(with boosted fact txts of course)
              random start could be OK, SMAniaC's worldbuilder is pretty good...

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
                I was thinking SMAniaC but wanted to make sure people were interested before bringing in a mod.(although maybe people would be MORE interested in a mod... )

Next Question: do we use a CMN or just a random start(with boosted fact txts of course)
                random start could be OK, SMAniaC's worldbuilder is pretty good...
                I vote for random start.

I'm not so sure about the mod, tho. Unless all the actual players get familiar with it, things in the game can get mess...

Comment

It's a nice mod IMO, if you've not played it I recommend it.
                  I'm up for this, normal or modded, can do either.

Comment

Ill do whatever you want for 10 turns, any gametype or faction.

Just post it here .

Comment

I'd prefer smac/x for this one.

Comment

I'd certainly like to watch, at least.
                        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I would also like to watch it.
                          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Seems you have a go ahead, Cata.

Comment

Implementing basic AI boosting and will probably start this tomorow.

UPDATE: mostly done giving factions bonuses via txt. Will post the game on the tenth. As mentioned in OP game is random map, not CMNed, btw. That fact has nothing to do with delays between game signups\game finished dates, either

Comment

Working...
                              X