No announcement yet.

Next DG Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think with the federation system we can have both...governers that are elected (some how) and a central goverment that is elected (somehow)...part of the tasks will fall solely to the governers (terraforming there own bases, etc, etc) some will fall solely to the centrel government (colonisazing, terraforming outside base areas, etc, etc) i think this will great a lot of talk and stuff between the governers and the central government)

posistions for central government could include:
    president
    vice-president
    defense
    science and treasury
    SE
    and state minister that communicates with the governers
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• There's now a thread for this and no need to bump

Either this or the other thread will be closed tomorrow, so please decide which you'd like to continue using.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Or better yet, MERGE Forgot about that option
        Smile

Comment

• MERGE
          Bunnies!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

• He already did it at the time of his last post..
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• oops sorry
              Bunnies!

Comment

• It is unusually quiet in here.
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• Indeed...
                  Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

• We're trying to press the Spartans in doing something rash...
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• *looks at big red button*

Smile

Comment

• Hm, I´d like to revive the good old ACDG1 with one team only. Then take a faction with a diverse social structure (Morganites, Peacekeepers, Gaians, Data Angels, ...) and watch the political parties arise.

Also, if we were to go with Morgan, there´d be a great opportunity to build some forum game - the Stock exchange!

While Googlie and various others have already had this idea for the current game (faction-wide only), it didn´t work out because of the lack of human ressources / a good plan on how to calculate the values. I have also spent several hours on that problem and only got few improvements worked out. However, should we decide to have the one-faction DG with Morganites, the situation would be completely different. With so many people it would become possible to link the share values to post count, with some countering by SPAM penalties and boni on ingame-work (like turnplayer posts).

I´m sure this would be fun, so what are your comments?
                        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                        Let me eat your yummy brain!
                        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• (..)it would become possible to link the share values to post count(..)
                          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• it would become possible to link the share values to post count
                            you would need to get someone to code this wouldnt you? afaik its not a feature currently available,unless you want mods to edit post counts up
                            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• Why not use in-game data for a stock exchange? We might buy stock in factions (council vote count), bases (production, research), weapons?? (amount of units it is used on). We could have a legitimate everybody vs. everybody game inside the ACDG. Imagine the political battles that would arise

As I understand, the save game format has been reverse engineered to some extent. It could be possible for a programmer with some spare time to hack something together which parses through the save file every turn. We could even have a php based server with a web interface running a virtual stock exchange so that selling/buying is done automatically using the raw data from the save parser.

I could volounteer to do parts of this cos it sounds kind of cool

Comment

• Not an elephant

Bump. Since this ACDG is now definitely nearing its end, how about reviving this?
                                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X