Convince me to Play Civ VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convince me to Play Civ VI

Loved Civ II...Got addicted during Civ III...Civ IV was a great leap and became my favorite game ever...Civ V did not grab me at all. Have never looked at Civ VI. Why should I play? (or should I?)
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

You guys aren't being very convincing. Is anyone even here anymore? Sigh....
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

sorry, been away for a few days.

you can get civ six on sale pretty cheap now that it's at the end of its development cycle. It still has 1 unit per tile if that's a turn off for you, but it seems more manageable than civ 5.

I've got about 1500 hours in on it.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

I enjoy Civ6. I have played it a lot more than Civ5. I recommend it, there are some great ideas and gameplay there, even if might not reach the perfection of Civ4.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I would recommend getting at least Rise and Fall, even though the base game is fun. Gathering Storm contains everything in Rise and Fall.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have been thinking that I would move on since sometime when the Frontier Pass was going on, but haven't yet. I did start late, with Civ6 vanilla about the time Rise and Fall came out. As a father and startup tech lead, I don't play every week and if I play, it might just be a couple of hours.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                I have been thinking that I would move on since sometime when the Frontier Pass was going on, but haven't yet. I did start late, with Civ6 vanilla about the time Rise and Fall came out. As a father and startup tech lead, I don't play every week and if I play, it might just be a couple of hours.

JM
                you should be able to get everything at a pretty significant discount if you catch a steam sale. Gathering Storm is great, and adds a lot granular detail.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I am just not sure how interested I am in a lot of the Frontier Pass. I am interested in some of the Civilizations, but the Heroes are meh.. and the Secret Societies/Corporations have cool components but seem to not fit in the rest.

And Babylon is a cool idea, and I want to try it (and Ethiopia), but I am worried it doesn't fit properly.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

i am a CIV II player to heart.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post

you should be able to get everything at a pretty significant discount if you catch a steam sale. Gathering Storm is great, and adds a lot granular detail.
                      I should say that I have Gathering Storm and it is great.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

So...been without a decent comp for the last couple of years. Just broke down and got an Alienware m15 R6 laptop (found a decent sale!)...so as soon as it arrives I will be giving CIV VI a try...well maybe after a couple of games of Civ IV to be honest, but I am looking forward to it.

Thanks Jon and self biased for the help. I will let you know what I think!

Comment

I got the Frontier Pass cheap but haven't found time to try it yet.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                            I would recommend getting at least Rise and Fall, even though the base game is fun. Gathering Storm contains everything in Rise and Fall.

JM
                            Probably will get Gathering Storm then. Frontier Pass is just scenarios and such or is it something more?

Comment

I would say something more, but it doesn't change the base game. Basically, there are optional changes that go beyond what most mods could have realized, but they are meant to be optional, have different flavor/balance (many allow choices that are unbalanced compared to the choices allowed in the base game). My understanding is that most people don't regularly play with most of the rulesets enabled, and the suggestion was to try one or two to spice up a game that seemed old to many and not to include all the Frontier Pass ruleset options.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X