Is Civ 4 or 5 better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Civ 4 or 5 better?

I like both games, but I enjoy Civ IV more. I find Civ IV more fun, and Civ V more serious. I think Civ IV has funnier leader animations, and I love the music in Civ IV. Most people think that Civ V has a more realistic map layout (Civ IV has a square grid, and Civ V has hexagons).

marketsavvy

For V is a natural evolution of IV so I like it better due to that...

It's really hard to say more because I have a fondness for both.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

This is very difficult to answer this question, but I believe this video will be interesting for everyone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HspQ...annel=Marbozir.

Comment

4 and it's not close.
        "

Comment

Originally posted by marketsavvyco View Post
          I like both games, but I enjoy Civ IV more. I find Civ IV more fun, and Civ V more serious. I think Civ IV has funnier leader animations, and I love the music in Civ IV. Most people think that Civ V has a more realistic map layout (Civ IV has a square grid, and Civ V has hexagons).

marketsavvy
          Strange. I see 4 as the serious one and 5 as the sandbox. 5 has a little bit of everything but does nothing well.
          "

Comment

Civ4 is the best of the entire civ series.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I find Civ 5 oddly unimmersive - too weak on non military stuff, and the clever war gamey tactical stuff doesn't scale to the Civ maps - but the tactical puzzles are kind of addicting.

Note - I only have vanilla Civ5, and do not have Civ6. Gaming is not my main hobby any more.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I too choose Civ4 for now. Though I'm sure Civ5 still has a lot going on in it's future updates so I won't be surprised if it goes to my top list.

Comment

It's really hard to say.

Comment

Civ4 is probably the best Civ game. I really like some of the innovation in Civ6 (what I mostly play now) and while I haven't played it in sometime I liked the purity/simplicity of Civ2/Civ1.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Adjacency bonuses are a great innovation
                      "

Comment

It's a hard choice, but I feel that Civ 4 is more interesting for me. I have a feeling that Civ 5 is missing something, but I don't know what. It's not so addicting and captivating, than Civ 4. This is the only game which I play beside Minecraft. I like Minecraft a lot, because I have a private server which I created using minecraft server hosting, and I can invite all my friends to try the weirdest things and do whatever we want in this game. It's so fun, every day is like a new challenge full of originality and weirdness.
                        Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; February 6, 2021, 14:27. Reason: gaming link spared

Comment

Four is better, is what I keep hearing.

Maniac told me a very long time ago that 4 is rather sterile, but a good game engine/modding plaform. -Imagine the latter from the Planetfall guy.
                          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I can't say which is better but I enjoyed both of them and still playing when I have some free time, I remember that I start playing when I was 14 years old when my friend showed me Civ 4, and it becomes like an addiction and was the first computer game that I start playing. After csgo, battlefield, rocket league, and even started to earn some money csgo skins trading or [rocket league trading] and then started to boost in csgo with my friends. So I can't say which one is better but for me, they are both a very important part of my life.
                            Last edited by self biased; February 13, 2021, 10:46. Reason: removed link to cash for items store.

Comment

Originally posted by BanditGaming View Post
                              I too choose Civ4 for now. Though I'm sure Civ5 still has a lot going on in it's future updates so I won't be surprised if it goes to my top list.
                              uh. there has been no development on civ 5 since civ 6 was released.

Like, how is this even a topic?

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                              X