Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I finally bought Civ6 plus expansion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally bought Civ6 plus expansion.

I got the expensive edition. So far it seems a pretty standard derivative of Civ 5 only now each now building becomes a tile improvement. I have now idea why I can not just move my view with the mouse and instead must click on a retarded mini map. So far it seems rather boring.

I still just want an updated Civ 4 with better graphics. I have played the heck out of every civ ever released including some stinkers like Call to Power 2 (which at least was a good multiplayer game) and this one just seems soulless and boring to me. I will gove a few more chances and maybe see if MP makes it better but I haven't been this fisappointed since Civ 3.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

check your settings: the move with mouse thing is not the default. I can click and drag and use the mouse to scroll at the edges of the screen.

and I'm sorry you find the game boring. I went back and played Civ 4 the other week and found myself finding it not challenging and lacking in features to make it interesting. I'm not surprised though. you didn't like Civ 5 either.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

1UPT remains a disappointment to me.

Comment

so self biased, would you say that civ 6 is a good game? better than civ5?

Comment

They recently announced the next expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
            so self biased, would you say that civ 6 is a good game? better than civ5?
            better than Civ 5? absolutely. as it stands right now i feel that civ 6 is a better game with one expansion than 5 was with all three. I'd also put it on par with 4 (with all the expansions). There's a bunch of changes coming in with the next expansion that might push it beyond civ 4 in my eyes.

If you're one of the people who's still salty about one unit per tile being a thing and that's the hill you want to die on, then you probably won't like it. The AI isn't terrible by civ standards, but the AI has always been not great. Multiplayer's reasonably stable, so there's that.

Comment

Alright. Thank you. That will dictate wether I'll upgrade my PC. I'm not a crazy fan of 1UPT, neither strongly like it nor dislike it. It's a bit goofy though having 10 artileries and no mountain to put them on. Anyway, we'll see. Actually I don't even think I need to upgrade to play civ 6 just switch my OS to 64bit. We'll see. thanks

Comment

Well I got it and... it's great! Thanks self biased. Definitely better than civ 5 which seems very simplistic compared to civ 6. I was bored to fire up a civ 5 game because I almost knew the route and outcome before hand. Now, this level of complexity makes for a far more nuances game I think. My eyes and back hurt. A good sign.

Comment

Yeah, districts and wonders taking up tiles make the map matter way more and make for more meaningful choices besides building basic improvements until the game ends.

Comment

I got Civ6 for Christmas (not with expansion). Will try it out!

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I know my civ ability has decreased, but I started playing Polynesia and have 3 times ran into significant trouble in the beginning due to not preparing enough for Barbarians (and restarted). It seems like 3 military units (warrior, scout, slinger) just isn't enough to be strong against early Barbarians.

Probably I need to look at how long I get to size 2 and maybe upgrade the scout and even the slinger.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The expansion is significant. on higher difficulty levels, Barbarians aren't something to screw around with, and a lot of strategies revolve around building a military and offing a neighbor in the early game.

What difficulty are you playing on Jon Miller?
                        Last edited by self biased; December 27, 2018, 00:57.

Comment

Prince It is the usual level I start at.

I beat Civ 5 (vanilla) on Emperor, Civ 4 (vanilla) on Immortal (I don't remember it being called that?) and Civ 3 on Deity.

I beat Civ 1 on Emperor and Civ 2 on Deity, that was back when I played Civ primarily.

JM
                          (I actually haven't beat Civ 4 BTS on any higher level than Monarch... so I am definitely weaker than I was previously.)
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I have been doing better with 3-4 early military units (so first + 2-3 builds, where 3 is better if you have scouts or your military is spread out).

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                            X